Onkyo's ABX-N300 iOnly Stream Airplay dock available next month
Posted on 2 Aug 2012 at 12:34, by Nate Anderson
Onkyo has unveiled its latest premium home audio system, designed to appeal to the iDevice crowd with its Airplay wireless connectivity. The ABX-N300 iOnly Stream can remotely connect with iPhones, iPads and any networked PCs running iTunes through your home Wi-Fi network.
With access to thousands of internet radio stations through vTuner and a choice of cloud streaming services, as well as an auxiliary 3.5mm audio jack,the iOnly Stream looks every bit as versatile as the Japanese audio experts' A/V receivers.
Resting on an aluminium base and housing two full-range bass-reflex speakers, the ABX-N300 looks every bit the premium product that its £300 price suggests it is. The iPod dock and LCD hide beneath a matching aluminium cover when not in use, letting the system blend in with the furniture.
Available in September, the ABX-N300 will likely face stiff competition from high-end iPod dock specialists Bowers & Wilkins, Philips and Sony. The proof will be in the listening, but you'll have to wait until next month to give it a try.
Find a review
- UE Boom portable speaker brings the noise
- Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 14 surround sound system launched
- Ruark Audio R7 revealed with retro styling and wireless streaming
- Samsung Galaxy Core - budget-friendly smartphone announced
- Loewe Speaker 2go launched - hands on
- Onkyo ES-HF300 review - hands on
- Bang & Olufsen launches H6 headphones and H3 in-ears
- Sonos Playbar review - Hands on
- Soundfreaq iPhone 5 and iPad 4-ready speaker docks to appear at CES 2013
- Sonos update brings AirPlay-style iPhone streaming