Onkyo's ABX-N300 iOnly Stream Airplay dock available next month
Posted on 2 Aug 2012 at 12:34, by Nate Anderson
Onkyo has unveiled its latest premium home audio system, designed to appeal to the iDevice crowd with its Airplay wireless connectivity. The ABX-N300 iOnly Stream can remotely connect with iPhones, iPads and any networked PCs running iTunes through your home Wi-Fi network.
With access to thousands of internet radio stations through vTuner and a choice of cloud streaming services, as well as an auxiliary 3.5mm audio jack,the iOnly Stream looks every bit as versatile as the Japanese audio experts' A/V receivers.
Resting on an aluminium base and housing two full-range bass-reflex speakers, the ABX-N300 looks every bit the premium product that its £300 price suggests it is. The iPod dock and LCD hide beneath a matching aluminium cover when not in use, letting the system blend in with the furniture.
Available in September, the ABX-N300 will likely face stiff competition from high-end iPod dock specialists Bowers & Wilkins, Philips and Sony. The proof will be in the listening, but you'll have to wait until next month to give it a try.
Find a review
- Spaced360 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker wants to surround you with sound
- LG Music Flow speakers taking the multi-room fight to Sonos this summer - hands on
- Philips and Armin Van Buuren launch A5-Pro professional DJ headphones
- Pioneer Superior Club Sound headphone range revealed
- Apple rumoured to launch Spotify competitor
- Pure launches Contour D1 digital radio with 30 pin, lightning connector and Bluetooth
- JBL Authentics L16 and L8 Wireless Speakers want to take over your living room
- Sony PS4 Gold Wireless Headset launched amid VR headset rumours
- Friday fun: Test your audio knowledge with Philips Golden Ears
- Sony Walkman NW-ZX1 High-resolution audio player review - hands on