Onkyo's ABX-N300 iOnly Stream Airplay dock available next month
Posted on 2 Aug 2012 at 12:34, by Nate Anderson
Onkyo has unveiled its latest premium home audio system, designed to appeal to the iDevice crowd with its Airplay wireless connectivity. The ABX-N300 iOnly Stream can remotely connect with iPhones, iPads and any networked PCs running iTunes through your home Wi-Fi network.
With access to thousands of internet radio stations through vTuner and a choice of cloud streaming services, as well as an auxiliary 3.5mm audio jack,the iOnly Stream looks every bit as versatile as the Japanese audio experts' A/V receivers.
Resting on an aluminium base and housing two full-range bass-reflex speakers, the ABX-N300 looks every bit the premium product that its £300 price suggests it is. The iPod dock and LCD hide beneath a matching aluminium cover when not in use, letting the system blend in with the furniture.
Available in September, the ABX-N300 will likely face stiff competition from high-end iPod dock specialists Bowers & Wilkins, Philips and Sony. The proof will be in the listening, but you'll have to wait until next month to give it a try.
Find a review
- Creative Sound Blaster headsets ready for the PS4
- Pure launches 4th generation Evoke D4 and Evoke D4 with Bluetooth radios
- Onkyo adds iOS-comaptible ES-CTI300 and IE-CTI300 to its headphone lineup
- Cambridge Audio launches matchbox-sized DacMagic XS
- Bang & Olufsen launches Beolab 17 speaker with WiSA wireless streaming
- Bose takes on Sonos with SoundTouch streaming system
- AKG launches £1,000 K812 reference headphones - hands on
- Sony High Resolution audio comes to the UK - hands on
- Philips Fidelio M1BT Bluetooth headphones go on sale today
- Sonos gains Amazon Cloud Player to instantly stream your purchased albums