Pioneer XDJ-AERO launches as first all-in-one wireless system
Posted on 13 Aug 2012 at 10:55, by Gareth Halfacree
Audiovisual specialist Pioneer has officially unveiled its latest accessory for DJs, claimed to be the world's first wireless all-in-one player, mixer and MIDI controller: the XDJ-AERO.
The system's key feature is its in-built Wi-Fi capabilities, which creates a private network for up to four wireless devices simultaneously. These devices - envisioned as smartphones, tablets and laptops - can then load music wirelessly on to the XDJ-AERO for playback and mixing.
The system also comes with support for Pioneer's music management software rekordbox, including the ability to create and edit playlists on the fly, view beat grids, analyse tracks' beats per minute (BPM) and load waveforms during the set. The XDJ-AERO can also be switched from wireless to wired USB connectivity, and supports playback on both decks from a single rekordbox-ready storage device.
The system also functions as a 24-bit audio interface, MIDI controller for Traktor and HID controller for Virtual DJ, and can be connected to CDJs and turntables to operate as a standalone mixer. Integral features include trans, flanger, roll and echo beat effects, a post-fader system, sound colour effects with high- and low-pass filters, sample banks preloaded with four samples, automatic loop support, and quantize functionality for rekordbox-ready tracks. The system also includes beat sync and auto mix functionality, a Jog Drum system, and one-touch recording in uncompressed WAV format.
Sadly, all this functionality comes at a cost: aimed squarely at professionals, the XDJ-AERO is priced at an eye-watering £869.
Find a review
- Sonos cuts the cord, eliminates need to wire in first speaker in a system
- Tonino Lamborghini Quantum in-ear headphone range revealed
- Spaced360 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker wants to surround you with sound
- LG Music Flow speakers taking the multi-room fight to Sonos this summer - hands on
- Philips and Armin Van Buuren launch A5-Pro professional DJ headphones
- Pioneer Superior Club Sound headphone range revealed
- Apple rumoured to launch Spotify competitor
- Pure launches Contour D1 digital radio with 30 pin, lightning connector and Bluetooth
- JBL Authentics L16 and L8 Wireless Speakers want to take over your living room
- Sony PS4 Gold Wireless Headset launched amid VR headset rumours