Blue Spark Digital brings studio-quality recording to the iPad
Posted on 12 Nov 2012 at 09:50, by Gareth Halfacree
Blue has announced the launch of the world's first condenser microphone designed specifically for Apple's iPad tablet, making it the first system designed to offer studio-grade audio on the go.
The Blue Spark Digital provides traditional USB connectivity for Windows or OS X systems, along with support for the iPad and iPad Mini through Apple's Lightning Adapter accessory. Based on the existing Spark XLR microphone, the Spark Digital includes the same condenser capsule and hand-tuned components, providing what Blue claims is the perfect mix for high-fidelity recording of either speech or music.
The mic includes a Focus Control system, which provides two different sonic options selectable with a single button, and includes an adjustable desk-stand designed to work with its built-in shock-mount system. For studio use, the Spark Digital comes with Y-cables for each supported platform, adding a headphone jack for latency-free real-time monitoring of recorded audio.
Compatible with GarageBand on the iPad as well as most other recording software, the system has on-board controls for volume, gain and an instant mute function along with an LED meter for visual feedback of recording levels. Blue is also bundling its Cloud Production Bundle software, which provides users with a place to back-up their content and share it with others.
The Blue Spark Digital is available now, priced at £199.99.
Find a review
- UE Boom portable speaker brings the noise
- Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 14 surround sound system launched
- Ruark Audio R7 revealed with retro styling and wireless streaming
- Samsung Galaxy Core - budget-friendly smartphone announced
- Loewe Speaker 2go launched - hands on
- Onkyo ES-HF300 review - hands on
- Bang & Olufsen launches H6 headphones and H3 in-ears
- Sonos Playbar review - Hands on
- Soundfreaq iPhone 5 and iPad 4-ready speaker docks to appear at CES 2013
- Sonos update brings AirPlay-style iPhone streaming