Bayan Audio StreamPort adds Bluetooth to speaker dock family
Posted on 13 Nov 2012 at 09:46, by Gareth Halfacree
Fresh from its partnership with headphone maker Radiopaq on a speaker and headphone bundle, Bayan Audio has announced the launch of a drop-in Bluetooth upgrade for its speaker systems - and promises a vendor-neutral universal version is in the works.
The Bayan Audio StreamPort is a compact device which connects directly to the rear of any Bayan Audio speaker dock, providing Bluetooth connectivity through the new Smart Bluetooth 4 standard and the high-quality apt-X lossless audio codec. The result, the company claims, is CD-quality streaming from any Bluetooth compatible device, including Apple's iPad and iPhone ranges, most Android smartphones and tablets, and both desktop and laptop computers.
The system works through the A2DP Bluetooth standard, maximising client device compatibility, and promises to provide uninterrupted streaming from distances up to 15m. A Secure Simple pairing system makes it easy to link the device to smartphones, with multipoint support providing simultaneous connection to two devices if required. The system draws its power from the USB output on all Bayan speaker docks, connecting to the 3.5mm input to provide the streamed audio to the dock's amplifiers.
Measuring just 38mm x 26mm x 32mm and weighing 14.5g, the compact dongle requires the specific layout of USB and audio jacks found on Bayan Audio products and is not directly compatible with third-party systems. The company has, however, promised a universal version for use with any speaker dock, which it claims will be launching some time early next year.
The Bayan StreamPort is to launch in the UK on the 25th of November, priced at £29.99.
Find a review
- Sonos cuts the cord, eliminates need to wire in first speaker in a system
- Tonino Lamborghini Quantum in-ear headphone range revealed
- Spaced360 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker wants to surround you with sound
- LG Music Flow speakers taking the multi-room fight to Sonos this summer - hands on
- Philips and Armin Van Buuren launch A5-Pro professional DJ headphones
- Pioneer Superior Club Sound headphone range revealed
- Apple rumoured to launch Spotify competitor
- Pure launches Contour D1 digital radio with 30 pin, lightning connector and Bluetooth
- JBL Authentics L16 and L8 Wireless Speakers want to take over your living room
- Sony PS4 Gold Wireless Headset launched amid VR headset rumours