Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 12-1 speakers revealed
Posted on 26 Nov 2012 at 10:35, by Gareth Halfacree
High-end audiovisual specialist Bang & Olufsen has teased its latest speaker design for use with flat-screen televisions, the BeoLab 12-1.
Designed to extend the company's BeoLab 12 line-up, the BeoLab 12-1 can be paired with the company's other speaker models for use as rear units in a surround-sound setup, but the company is also keen to point out that their quality means that they're also at home being used as the main speakers for a stereo hi-fi setup.
Sharing the same design ethos as the BeoLab 12-3 and 12-2, the BeoLab 12-1 was conceived by David Lewis Designers to work independently or as part of a set. As with its stablemates, the BeoLab 12-1 speakers are active units with separate integrated ICEpower amplifiers. As before, the speakers are available in silver and white finishes for the fabric covers in order to match the aluminium and white finishes of the other BeoLab models.
In addition to the BeoLab 12-1, which can be wall-mounted in the same manner as its predecessors, Bang & Olufsen has also announced the launch of a full range of floor stands covering all BeoLab 12 models, giving buyers a choice of mounting systems for the first time.
"The BeoLab 12 collection is all about flexibility", claimed Bang & Olufsen's Michael Jensen at the unveiling. "The Bang & Olufsen household wants pitch-perfect audio whether they're watching a film in surround or enjoying their favourite playlists. BeoLab 12 speakers are designed to sound and look great, without the bulk of traditional speakers, and the three different sets all work together seamlessly both acoustically and aesthetically. On the wall or on the new floor stands, the possibilities to create the perfect sound design for any room just got better."
The new BeoLab 12-1 speakers have not yet been given a price for the UK, with a formal launch expected to occur later this month.
Find a review
- JBL Authentics L16 and L8 Wireless Speakers want to take over your living room
- Sony PS4 Gold Wireless Headset launched amid VR headset rumours
- Friday fun: Test your audio knowledge with Philips Golden Ears
- Sony Walkman NW-ZX1 High-resolution audio player review - hands on
- Philips Fidelio E2 speakers, Bluetooth Foldies headphones bring the noise
- Bang & Olufsen BeoSound Essence controls your music with style
- Sennheiser HD8 DJ leads CES headphone launches
- Sony Hi-res audio SRS-X9 leads new wireless speaker range
- Panasonic launches Sonos competitor with Qualcomm AllPlay
- Creative Sound Blaster headsets ready for the PS4