Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 12-1 speakers revealed
Posted on 26 Nov 2012 at 10:35, by Gareth Halfacree
High-end audiovisual specialist Bang & Olufsen has teased its latest speaker design for use with flat-screen televisions, the BeoLab 12-1.
Designed to extend the company's BeoLab 12 line-up, the BeoLab 12-1 can be paired with the company's other speaker models for use as rear units in a surround-sound setup, but the company is also keen to point out that their quality means that they're also at home being used as the main speakers for a stereo hi-fi setup.
Sharing the same design ethos as the BeoLab 12-3 and 12-2, the BeoLab 12-1 was conceived by David Lewis Designers to work independently or as part of a set. As with its stablemates, the BeoLab 12-1 speakers are active units with separate integrated ICEpower amplifiers. As before, the speakers are available in silver and white finishes for the fabric covers in order to match the aluminium and white finishes of the other BeoLab models.
In addition to the BeoLab 12-1, which can be wall-mounted in the same manner as its predecessors, Bang & Olufsen has also announced the launch of a full range of floor stands covering all BeoLab 12 models, giving buyers a choice of mounting systems for the first time.
"The BeoLab 12 collection is all about flexibility", claimed Bang & Olufsen's Michael Jensen at the unveiling. "The Bang & Olufsen household wants pitch-perfect audio whether they're watching a film in surround or enjoying their favourite playlists. BeoLab 12 speakers are designed to sound and look great, without the bulk of traditional speakers, and the three different sets all work together seamlessly both acoustically and aesthetically. On the wall or on the new floor stands, the possibilities to create the perfect sound design for any room just got better."
The new BeoLab 12-1 speakers have not yet been given a price for the UK, with a formal launch expected to occur later this month.
Find a review
- Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 14 surround sound system launched
- Ruark Audio R7 revealed with retro styling and wireless streaming
- Samsung Galaxy Core - budget-friendly smartphone announced
- Loewe Speaker 2go launched - hands on
- Onkyo ES-HF300 review - hands on
- Bang & Olufsen launches H6 headphones and H3 in-ears
- Sonos Playbar review - Hands on
- Soundfreaq iPhone 5 and iPad 4-ready speaker docks to appear at CES 2013
- Sonos update brings AirPlay-style iPhone streaming
- Korg MicroStation 61 brings sequencing to those on a budget