New Ford Fiesta review (2013) - Hands on
Posted on 26 Nov 2012 at 10:26, by Tom Morgan
The Ford Fiesta is a contemporary motoring icon. First launched in 1976 and still going strong today, it has been a staple of Britain's roads and was frequently voted the most popular car in the UK. With over 15 million sold and the first new models rolling off the production line at Ford’s Cologne factory before Christmas, 2013 Fiesta is an incredibly important car for the company. As well as protecting a 35 year legacy, it also has to introduce a whole host of gadgets and new technologies to the supermini class – previously unexplored territory for the company.
Old meets new… the Fiesta has come a long way in 35 years
We were lucky enough to get the opportunity to put the new car through its paces this weekend on the demanding city streets of Rome, where the locals tested our reactions as well as the new tech. To see what next year’s connected cars will have to offer, read on.
The Fiesta underwent a radical design refresh in 2008, which brought the car up to date with plenty of flowing curves and smooth lines. Apparently meant to appeal to Ford’s young professional target market, we think it looked attractive enough to begin with but for 2013 Ford has added even more design flourish. Both the front and rear bumpers have been swapped out for newer, more aggressive ones and the light clusters have been upgraded too. The front headlights now have daytime LED running lights, which look fantastic and also help draw attention to the car to oncoming traffic.
The new front grille bears more than a little resemblance to an Aston Martin
Several new colour schemes are being introduced for 2013, along with matching interior fabrics and coloured LED mood lighting around the dashboard, centre console and even around the cup holders. It all feels surprisingly futuristic for what is essentially a mass market car, and that’s before you start to explore the in-dash information/entertainment system.
Over the page - the fun begins
For more details about purchasing this feature and/or images for editorial usage, please contact Jasmine Samra on firstname.lastname@example.org
Find a review
- HP EliteBook laptop range updated with Folio 1040 and Specrtre Pro 13 Ultrabooks
- Spotify Shuffle free streaming available on mobile devices, now with added Led Zeppelin
- Xbox One sells 2 million, but digital game prices jump in the UK
- Dell Chromebook 11 launching in time for the new school term
- iPhone 6 release date, specs, price, news & rumours
- Creative Sound Blaster headsets ready for the PS4
- EE under fire after 'double speed' 4G delivers only 8Mbits/sec
- Mozilla revamps Firefox for Android
- Nokia Normandy Android smartphone rumoured for 2014
- Asus Padfone Mini launched as 4.3in smartphone and 7in tablet pair