TomTom launches Top Gear sat nav
Posted on 10 Oct 2011 at 12:19, by Gareth Halfacree
Satellite navigation specialist TomTom has announced a treat for fans of Top Gear: a limited-edition TomTom Go Live model featuring Jeremy Clarkson's voice, a Stig mode, and programme-related points of interest.
The TomTom Go Live Top Gear Edition features all the usual functionality of a traditional TomTom Go Live: the company's HD Traffic technology is included for a year, along with TomTom's Speed Cameras service, TomTom Places, TomTom Weather, and QuickGPSFix technology.
Unlike the traditional models, however, the Top Gear Edition includes start-up, shut-down, and icon themes based on the popular programme and a points of interest database which is populated with race track and raceway locations related to the series.
Drivers will also get the choice of Jeremy Clarkson-narrated directions, or a new 'The Stig' mode which renders the device as silent as its white-clad racing namesake.
"For Top Gear fans, this limited edition satnav is the ultimate driving companion," claimed TomTom's managing director Corinne Vigreux at the launch. "Featuring The Stig, Clarkson and TomTom HD Traffic, the GO LIVE Top Gear edition is perfect for drivers who love the open road."
The TomTom Go Live Top Gear Edition also includes more detailed maps than its predecessors, hands-free calling via Bluetooth, and voice command and control for address entry.
The limited edition gadget is due to go on sale from today exclusively in Halfords in the UK, priced at £179.99.
Find a review
- Subaru WRX 2014 unveiled, no word yet as to UK availability
- Lexus CT 200h 2014 officially unveiled
- Hyundai Genesis 2014 UK launch heavily hinted
- Honda FCEV 2015 concept hints at future fuel cell plans
- Ford Edge SUV concept shows off high-technology capabilities
- Volvo V60 Polestar confirmed for UK launch
- Toyota eBay store launched for spares, parts and accessories
- Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid gets official low-emission grant status
- Nissan Qashqai 2014 claimed as "world's most parkable car"
- Ford Mustang 2014 UK model to be unveiled in December