Toshiba Camileo Clip – UK price and date – Hands on
Posted on 6 Mar 2012 at 17:57, by Seth Barton
We've just had another look at Toshiba's adorable pocket camcorder – the Toshiba Camileo Clip. It's now been announced for a UK in April launch with a price of around £80. It should be the ideal gadget to keep the kids entertained, or to document your own daring exploits.
The Camileo Clip is truly tiny, like a largish matchbox at 47x80x20mm. Its clever design includes a clip which surrounds the tiny display and lets you attach the Clip to your belt while also protecting the screen, as it's pointing inwards. The Clip has a rubbery outer shell too, which makes it both splash and shock proof.
The button on top starts and stops recording, with other controls accessed using the four-way control on the front. It shoots 1080p video and 5-megapixel stills. Toshiba plans to release a suction cup attachment for use with car windscreens, plus a helmet and handle bar mountng kit will also be available – for those who prefer their thrills on two wheels.
It will be available in a wide range of fun colours, which also make it harder to lose. We look forward to testing it around our local lido when the weather improves.
Find a review
- Pioneer adds Apple CarPlay to five existing in-car multimedia systems
- Glow in the dark road concept hopes to improve driver safety
- Want to hack your car? The Tesla Model S has a secret Ethernet port
- Auto-braking cars should be subsidised by Government to save thousands of lives
- Dynaudio Excite sound system confirmed for 2014 VW Scirocco
- Apple CarPlay puts iOS on your dashboard
- Beyond iPhone 6 - Apple looking to electric cars with Tesla buy
- Take the Auto Express Driver Power survey
- Google putting Android in cars with Open Automotive Alliance
- CES 2014: In-depth, hands-on coverage from our team in Las Vegas