TomTom GO LIVE Camper & Caravan launched
Posted on 30 Apr 2012 at 10:03, by Gareth Halfacree
Satellite navigation giant TomTom has announced its latest device, aimed at a very specific market: the GO LIVE Camper & Caravan.
As the name suggests, TomTom's latest entry in its GO LIVE family is designed specifically for camper vans and caravans, featuring new navigation software which automatically adjust routes and arrival times to match the vehicle's size, weight and maximum speed.
While tailored for caravans, the software allows multiple profiles to be confirmed - meaning a driver can use the device in a camper van, a caravan, a van and a car without losing accuracy or routing specificity.
"Many customers have been in touch requesting navigation designed specifically for their camper or caravan", explained TomTom's Marielke Nieuwerth-van den Akker at the product launch. "The launch of the GO LIVE Camper & Caravan puts an end to unnecessary detours and unwanted surprises. Not only does it calculate the very best routes, it is also a great source of relevant information on the journey."
That relevant information comes in the form of a customised point of interest (PoI) database, which includes the locations of camping areas, chemical toilet facilities, and other camper service spots.
As is usual for a GO LIVE product, the GO LIVE Camper & Caravan includes a year of LIVE services - including weather forcasts, real-time traffic information with TomTom's HD Traffic, and Google Local Search functionality - in the price.
The TomTom GO LIVE Camper & Caravan is available now, priced at £349.99 with 45 European maps included.
Find a review
- Apple CarPlay puts iOS on your dashboard
- Beyond iPhone 6 - Apple looking to electric cars with Tesla buy
- Take the Auto Express Driver Power survey
- Google putting Android in cars with Open Automotive Alliance
- CES 2014: In-depth, hands-on coverage from our team in Las Vegas
- CES 2014: Qualcomm Snapdragon 802 to power 4K TVs, Snapdragon 602a for connected cars
- Subaru WRX 2014 unveiled, no word yet as to UK availability
- Lexus CT 200h 2014 officially unveiled
- Hyundai Genesis 2014 UK launch heavily hinted
- Honda FCEV 2015 concept hints at future fuel cell plans