2013 Jaguar XJ unveiled
Posted on 29 Jun 2012 at 10:25, by Gareth Halfacree
Jaguar has announced the first details of its 2013 Model Year XJ, claimed to benefit from the company's continued research and development programme through improved efficiency and the addition of new comfort and functional technologies.
According to Jaguar, the new model year XJ boasts an all-aluminium architecture with an eight-speed ZF transmission with Intelligent Stop/Start as standard. Taken from the XF, the combined effect is to lower fuel consumption and emissions by 14 per cent over the outgoing model, offering an estimated 47mpg in the combined cycle while emitting 159g of carbon dioxide per kilometre driven.
The 2013 XJ marks the introduction of an all-new 3.0-litre supercharged V6 powertrain, producing 340PS and 450Nm of torque - around 127PS per litre - the engine boasts the highest specific output of any of Jaguar's designs, and will also appear in the XF and the upcoming F-TYPE sports car.
Additional tweaks include improved suspension refinement and performance through recalibrated spring and damper tunes as well as remapped damper software for enhanced ride isolation and passenger comfort on all road surfaces. The sound system has also been overhauled, with Jaguar adding DAB as standard and Meridian offering an 825W 20-speaker system with claimed ultra-low levels of harmonic distortion - although this will only be available as standard on the Portfolio and Supersport XJ models, while being offered as an option on other trims.
Jaguar has confirmed on-the-road pricing as starting at £56,260 for the short wheel-base XJ 3.0 Diesel Luxury, rising to £92,235 for the range-topping XJ 3.0 S/C Petrol Supersport long wheel-base model. Orders open in September.
Find a review
- Subaru WRX 2014 unveiled, no word yet as to UK availability
- Lexus CT 200h 2014 officially unveiled
- Hyundai Genesis 2014 UK launch heavily hinted
- Honda FCEV 2015 concept hints at future fuel cell plans
- Ford Edge SUV concept shows off high-technology capabilities
- Volvo V60 Polestar confirmed for UK launch
- Toyota eBay store launched for spares, parts and accessories
- Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid gets official low-emission grant status
- Nissan Qashqai 2014 claimed as "world's most parkable car"
- Ford Mustang 2014 UK model to be unveiled in December