Clarion launches NX702E 2DIN audio/video navigation unit
Posted on 5 Jul 2012 at 10:30, by Gareth Halfacree
In-car entertainment specialist Clarion has announced the NX702E AVN source unit, featuring an integrated digital TV tuner, Parrot Bluetooth, TomTom pan-European mapping and full iPod and iPhone integration.
An all-in-one 2DIN unit, the system boasts a 7in WVGA sloping touch-screen with a new animated user interface the company claims is more intuitive to use than in previous models. Media playback is supported in a variety of files including DivX from CD, DVD and USB, while the integrated digital TV tuner provides more entertainment - although DAB digital radio requires a separate tuner.
The unit's navigation system, powered by TomTom, includes full 3D views of city centres, buildings and landmarks, real-time traffic management and voice guidance in 38 different languages. The system includes an 8GB microSD card with pan-European mapping and over 12 million points of interest, and includes the Latest Map Guarantee for a free map update within 30 days of purchase.
On the audio front, the NX702E includes an internal 4x50W amplifier along with digital time alignment and crossover, built-in high-pass and low-pass filters, a five-band parametric equaliser, and the Magna Bass EX technology for boosted lower octaves.
"The NX702E is the latest step in a drive to ensure that our customers can enjoy the same level of information and entertainment interaction on the move, as they do at home," claimed Graham Case, Clarion's general manager, at the launch. "Acting much like a co-pilot, the NX702E and the innovations Clarion is implementing for this and future models, is rooted in our original equipment expertise, and will truly transform the in-vehicle experience."
The Clarion NX702E is available now, priced at £999.
Find a review
- Subaru WRX 2014 unveiled, no word yet as to UK availability
- Lexus CT 200h 2014 officially unveiled
- Hyundai Genesis 2014 UK launch heavily hinted
- Honda FCEV 2015 concept hints at future fuel cell plans
- Ford Edge SUV concept shows off high-technology capabilities
- Volvo V60 Polestar confirmed for UK launch
- Toyota eBay store launched for spares, parts and accessories
- Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid gets official low-emission grant status
- Nissan Qashqai 2014 claimed as "world's most parkable car"
- Ford Mustang 2014 UK model to be unveiled in December