Skoda Superb Outdoor takes the estate out of the estate
Posted on 24 Oct 2012 at 10:25, by Gareth Halfacree
Skoda has announced a new variant of its Superb Estate, dubbed the Superb Outdoor, featuring a rugged new look designed to appeal to off-road fans.
The design ethos is obvious from the outside: durable protective strips are included at the base of the doors, bumpers and around the wheel arches. The Superb Outdoor includes 18in Luxon alloy wheels as standard, linked to a permanent all-wheel drive transmission for improved traction in poor weather conditions.
As well as the changed appearances, standard equipment is given a boost with four-spoke leather multi-function steering wheel, Bluetooth hands-free mobile connectivity, Sunset Glass behind the B-pillar, Hill-Hold Control system, tyre pressure monitor, heated windscreen washer nozzles and integrated front headlights washers all included as standard.
Despite its focus on the outdoors, as demonstrated by Skoda's chosen name, the company has worked hard to keep efficiency up and running costs down. According to the company's official testing, the new Superb Estate should be able to achieve fuel economy of 44.8mpg in the combined cycle with carbon dioxide emissions as low as 165g per kilometre driven.
The Superb Outdoor is available to order in the same colour choice as the Superb Estate, and with three engine options: a 1.8-litre TSI 160PS with manual 4x4 transmission, a 2.0-litre TDI CR 140PS with 4x4 DSG transmission, and a 2.0-litre TDI CR 170PS with 4x4 manual transmission. Each comes with the standard Skoda three-year or 60,000-mile warranty.
Pricing for the new models starts at £26,465 on the road for the 1.8-litre 160PS, rises to £27,600 for the 2.0-litre 170PS and hits a maximum of £28,100 for the 2.0-litre 140PS with DSG transmission. All models are available to order now, Skoda has announced.
Find a review
- Subaru WRX 2014 unveiled, no word yet as to UK availability
- Lexus CT 200h 2014 officially unveiled
- Hyundai Genesis 2014 UK launch heavily hinted
- Honda FCEV 2015 concept hints at future fuel cell plans
- Ford Edge SUV concept shows off high-technology capabilities
- Volvo V60 Polestar confirmed for UK launch
- Toyota eBay store launched for spares, parts and accessories
- Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid gets official low-emission grant status
- Nissan Qashqai 2014 claimed as "world's most parkable car"
- Ford Mustang 2014 UK model to be unveiled in December