Jessops announces the Fuji Finepix F72EXR
Posted on 9 Oct 2009 at 16:09, by Seth Barton
Jessops, Britain's biggest camera retailer, today announced its exclusive launch of the Fuji Finepix F72EXR. It's the second EXR camera, following on from the innovative F200EXR. EXR models use a clever colour filter, allowing them to reduce their effective colour resolution by half, which hugely reduces noise in low light situations.
The Fuji F72EXR is a 10-megapixel, 10x optical zoom camera - compared to its predecessor's 12-megapixel sensor and 5x zoom. The sensor on the new model is a little smaller at 1/2in compared to 1/1.6in. All of these differences make it an alternative to the F200EXR, rather than a replacement. Despite its bigger zoom, it's still compact at only 99x59x23mm.
Although both cameras launched at similar prices, the F200EXR has dropped in price now to around £200. This makes the F72EXR look a little pricey at £279, and remember you can't shop around, as it's exclusively available at Jessops store or online at www.jessops.co.uk.
Find a review
- Nikon Df review - Hands on
- Sony RX10 review - Hands on
- Panasonic Lumix GM1 review - hands on with the tiny CSC
- Sony A7 and A7R review - Hands on
- Nikon adds AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G prime to FX lens line-up
- Nikon D5300 ditches the low pass filter, gains Wi-Fi and GPS - hands on
- Pentax K-3 review - Hands on
- Nikon D610 replaces D600 with faster, quieter burst modes
- Canon Powershot S120 review - hands on
- Nikon 1 AW1 launched as worlds first waterproof interchangeable lens camera