Jessops announces the Fuji Finepix F72EXR
Posted on 9 Oct 2009 at 16:09, by Seth Barton
Jessops, Britain's biggest camera retailer, today announced its exclusive launch of the Fuji Finepix F72EXR. It's the second EXR camera, following on from the innovative F200EXR. EXR models use a clever colour filter, allowing them to reduce their effective colour resolution by half, which hugely reduces noise in low light situations.
The Fuji F72EXR is a 10-megapixel, 10x optical zoom camera - compared to its predecessor's 12-megapixel sensor and 5x zoom. The sensor on the new model is a little smaller at 1/2in compared to 1/1.6in. All of these differences make it an alternative to the F200EXR, rather than a replacement. Despite its bigger zoom, it's still compact at only 99x59x23mm.
Although both cameras launched at similar prices, the F200EXR has dropped in price now to around £200. This makes the F72EXR look a little pricey at £279, and remember you can't shop around, as it's exclusively available at Jessops store or online at www.jessops.co.uk.
Find a review
- Panasonic Lumix GH4 review - hands on with the 4K camera
- Samsung MX Mini compact system camera leaks ahead of expected March release date
- Nikon D4S HD-DSLR unveiled
- Canon EOS 1200D entry-level DSLR camera launched with tutorial app
- Sony H400 review - Hands on with the 63x zoom bridge camera
- Sony A6000 review – Hands on
- Panasonic GH4 - 4K video specs announced
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 review - Hands on
- Olympus SP-100 Eagle Eyes - we shoot images with a Red Dot gunsight
- Canon PowerShot N100 review - Hands on