Jessops announces the Fuji Finepix F72EXR
Posted on 9 Oct 2009 at 16:09, by Seth Barton
Jessops, Britain's biggest camera retailer, today announced its exclusive launch of the Fuji Finepix F72EXR. It's the second EXR camera, following on from the innovative F200EXR. EXR models use a clever colour filter, allowing them to reduce their effective colour resolution by half, which hugely reduces noise in low light situations.
The Fuji F72EXR is a 10-megapixel, 10x optical zoom camera - compared to its predecessor's 12-megapixel sensor and 5x zoom. The sensor on the new model is a little smaller at 1/2in compared to 1/1.6in. All of these differences make it an alternative to the F200EXR, rather than a replacement. Despite its bigger zoom, it's still compact at only 99x59x23mm.
Although both cameras launched at similar prices, the F200EXR has dropped in price now to around £200. This makes the F72EXR look a little pricey at £279, and remember you can't shop around, as it's exclusively available at Jessops store or online at www.jessops.co.uk.
Find a review
- Sony Cyber-shot HX50 review - hands on
- Panasonic G6 review - hands on
- Pentax Ricoh GR compact camera announced
- Panasonic DMC-GF6 review – hands on
- Nikon Coolpix A APS-C compact announced
- Canon EF 200-400 F4.0 review - First Look
- Nikon D7100 review - Hands on
- Sony Alpha A58 review – Hands on
- Sony NEX-3N review - Hands on
- Nikon D7100 DX-format DSLR revealed