Jessops announces the Fuji Finepix F72EXR
Posted on 9 Oct 2009 at 16:09, by Seth Barton
Jessops, Britain's biggest camera retailer, today announced its exclusive launch of the Fuji Finepix F72EXR. It's the second EXR camera, following on from the innovative F200EXR. EXR models use a clever colour filter, allowing them to reduce their effective colour resolution by half, which hugely reduces noise in low light situations.
The Fuji F72EXR is a 10-megapixel, 10x optical zoom camera - compared to its predecessor's 12-megapixel sensor and 5x zoom. The sensor on the new model is a little smaller at 1/2in compared to 1/1.6in. All of these differences make it an alternative to the F200EXR, rather than a replacement. Despite its bigger zoom, it's still compact at only 99x59x23mm.
Although both cameras launched at similar prices, the F200EXR has dropped in price now to around £200. This makes the F72EXR look a little pricey at £279, and remember you can't shop around, as it's exclusively available at Jessops store or online at www.jessops.co.uk.
Find a review
- Canon EOS 100D White announced, complete with matching white kit lens
- Pentax 645Z medium format DSLR revealed with 51.4-megapixel sensor
- Samsung invite hints at Galaxy S5 Zoom announcement, Galaxy K name change
- Panasonic Spring deals - Great freebies for GH3, GH4, GX7 and GM1
- Autographer Android app released - Capture your life with Google devices
- Up to £200 off a new Samsung camera with trade-in promo
- Olympus Stylus SH-1 compact camera takes inspiration from PEN range
- Exclusive: Samsung NX Mini camera UK price confirmed
- 4K-ready Panasonic Lumix GH4 CSC UK price and release date revealed
- Panasonic Lumix GH4 review - hands on with the 4K camera