SteelSeries SRW-S1 review
SteelSeries’ SRW-S1 is possibly the most exciting controller we’ve seen. It's a motion controller with four paddles (two analogue paddles control braking and acceleration, while two switch paddles control shifting), 15 buttons, a D-pad and three 'assist' dials - for artificial help with braking and steering. The controller also includes a $10 voucher to buy extras in free-to-play online racing title Simraceway. The controller is specifically designed for Simraceway, but it will also work with other games such as F1 2011, Dirt 2 and some of the Need for Speed games.
All the SRW-S1’s buttons are within easy reach. You drive by tilting the wheel left and right, which feels natural, enjoyable and effective - the only thing we missed was force feedback. The SRW-S1 is heavy enough to feel substantial and well built, but is light enough to prevent your arms getting tired after a long race. It's an expensive but high-quality controller which is great if you don't have room for a stand-mounted steering wheel.
Find a review
- Apple iWatch price, specs, release date and rumours
- Samsung Android Wear smartwatch in the works, Gear wearables could soon work with all Android smartphones
- Google Glass Android KitKat update released, brings improved battery life
- Apple iWatch could cost just $250
- Google Glass to go on sale to the public for one day only - if you're in the US