Startech USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter review
Many laptops have a USB3 port but only 10/100 Ethernet, while some don’t have an Ethernet port at all. If you have such a machine and want the speed and stability of a wired Gigabit network connection, you'll need an adaptor.
The Startech USB to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is a simple rectangle with a USB3 connector and a network port. It works with both Windows and Mac OS X, and is easy to install. We found the adapter gave us identical network transfer speeds of 838.9Mbit/s as when we used our test PC's built-in Gigabit Ethernet connection, showing the adaptor doesn’t slow down transfers. When we connected it to a USB2 port we still saw 326.2Mbit/s, so it will even give you a threefold speed boost over 10/100 Ethernet if you don’t have a USB3 port.
It's a simple and good value adaptor that works well, and a Best Buy.
Find a review
- iWatch could replace iPod, Apple not expected to update its MP3 player this year
- Apple iWatch price, pictures, specs, release date and rumours
- Sony Smartwatch 2 gets major software update
- Apple company trademark update strengthens iWatch rumours
- LG G Watch to be water-resistant, always-on and arrive in white and gold