Startech USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter review
Many laptops have a USB3 port but only 10/100 Ethernet, while some don’t have an Ethernet port at all. If you have such a machine and want the speed and stability of a wired Gigabit network connection, you'll need an adaptor.
The Startech USB to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is a simple rectangle with a USB3 connector and a network port. It works with both Windows and Mac OS X, and is easy to install. We found the adapter gave us identical network transfer speeds of 838.9Mbit/s as when we used our test PC's built-in Gigabit Ethernet connection, showing the adaptor doesn’t slow down transfers. When we connected it to a USB2 port we still saw 326.2Mbit/s, so it will even give you a threefold speed boost over 10/100 Ethernet if you don’t have a USB3 port.
It's a simple and good value adaptor that works well, and a Best Buy.
Find a review
- Apple iWatch price, specs, release date and rumours
- Samsung Android Wear smartwatch in the works, Gear wearables could soon work with all Android smartphones
- Google Glass Android KitKat update released, brings improved battery life
- Apple iWatch could cost just $250
- Google Glass to go on sale to the public for one day only - if you're in the US