Sony PlayStation Plus launching on Vita next week
Posted on 14 Nov 2012 at 09:47, by Gareth Halfacree
Sony has unveiled the launch offers for the Vita version of its its PlayStation Plus service, which is due to go live next week.
A subscription-based service originally launched for the PlayStation 3 console, PlayStation plus grants users early access to demos, exclusive content and - its most compelling offer - free games, which can be kept and played for as long as the user remains a PlayStation Plus member. Designed to compete with the recurring revenue stream of Microsoft's Xbox Live Gold subscription pack, which is required for online multiplayer and also offers selected exclusive content but no free games, the service has proved popular with Sony's many fans.
The launch of PlayStation Plus for Vita next week will mark the first time the service has extended beyond the PlayStation 3, and comes with a raft of impressive games for the system including Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush and Chronovault. The launch titles in the Instant Game Collection will be followed by an additional four games per month, Sony has claimed, with membership covering both the PlayStation 3 and Vita.
Buyers will also receive 1GB of cloud storage for saved games and a selection of other perks, details of which have yet to be disclosed by Sony.
The subscription offer, which goes live on the 21st of November along with the System Software 2.0 update for the Vita, costs £11.99 per month or £39.99 for a year.
Find a review
- PS4 firmware 1.70 features announced as Sony struggles to cope with demand
- Download Hearthstone on iPad now - Link here!
- Minecraft for PS3 getting full Blu-ray disc release
- Over a third of bought Steam titles remain unplayed
- Latest Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare DLC arrives today, epic Western trailer rides side saddle
- Destiny - Bungie - Beta, release date, trailer, news and rumours
- Xbox One April update arriving now, brings 50Hz Blu-ray playback, improved video capture quality
- Titanfall Expedition DLC release date set: three new maps landing in May
- Titanfall patch adds private matches to PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One
- Watch_Dogs season pass introduces second playable character