PS4 interface - Full HD shots surface online
Posted on 28 Feb 2013 at 17:38, by Seth Barton
We saw flashes of the PS4 interface during the announcement event last week, we even screen-grabbed some at the time and put them up in our PS4 release date, specs & price rumours - which breaks down everything you need to know about PS4 into easy to digest sections.
Now, though, Shiny Full HD stills have found their way onto the internet courtesy of Game No Hanashi. The stills mean you can take a much more detailed gander at what teh PS4 interface should look like. Now, we can't be sure to what extent these are real grabs, mock ups, or something polished in-between.
However, they so give you a good feel for the interface and its social network functions. As with the announcement, these screens are all based around upcoming action/platform/RPG title Knack.
We'll breakdown each one below, you can click on the pictures to enlarge them:
ABOVE - This looks to be main interface, the style (font and colours) are reminiscent of the current PSn store, but the design looks more akin to Windows 8's live tiles - though it's impossible to see from this if they are updating in real-time
ABOVE - Next up is this tablet-styled shot of a game page. From here you can launch the game, see friends who also own it, check your trophies, and access media (such as uploaded videos) related to the game
ABOVE - This tablet-styled shot shows a gamer's profile page, with live information about what he's playing (and the option to join in) plus recent games and media he's accessed, trophies icons to message or chat with him
BOTH ABOVE - The PS4 constantly stores a buffer of gameplay video, so you can choose at any time to share a clip, or a screenshot from it, to Facebook or other services by simply pressing the share button on the new DualShock 4. This menu also lets you start broadcasting your gameplay. The second shot show the simple video trimming tool
BELOW - This final one shows live gameplay being streamed from a PS4 to a smartphone. You can see the player in the bottom-right of the game screen. Those watching can comment on the stream and presumably chat with the player
Find a review
- PS4 firmware 1.70 features announced as Sony struggles to cope with demand
- Download Hearthstone on iPad now - Link here!
- Minecraft for PS3 getting full Blu-ray disc release
- Over a third of bought Steam titles remain unplayed
- Latest Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare DLC arrives today, epic Western trailer rides side saddle
- Destiny - Bungie - Beta, release date, trailer, news and rumours
- Xbox One April update arriving now, brings 50Hz Blu-ray playback, improved video capture quality
- Titanfall Expedition DLC release date set: three new maps landing in May
- Titanfall patch adds private matches to PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One
- Watch_Dogs season pass introduces second playable character