Asus Vivobook S400 review, Nokia Lumia 620 review and Sony NEX-5R review - plus lots more in our reviews roundup
Posted on 1 Feb 2013 at 13:42, by Seth Barton
Asus Vivobook S400 review, Nokia Lumia 620 review and Sony NEX-5R review - plus lots more. Our weekly review roundup contains the most exciting new kit you can actually buy, fully-tested in our lab.
Ultrabooks are great, and touchscreens are pretty handy, but to date most laptops that tick both boxes have been underpowered or expenisve hybrids. The Asus S400 is both of those things, as well as being stylish and powerful, plus it costs just £700. If you've been holding out to buy a Windows 8 laptop, read our Asus VivoBook S400 review now.
Sony's NEX series of CSCs has consistently impressed us and we swooned at the 5R when we first saw it demoed back in September. Our full Sony NEX-5R review backs up our first impressions, this is an incredibly impressive and flexible camera, and should be high on any amateur photographer's wishlist.
Budget Windows Phone 8 handsets are here, with the new operating system now available from just £150 on pay-as-you-go. For our top pick, read our Nokia Lumia 620 review, but there's also the capable HTC Windows Phone 8S review too. Both are great handsets for this super-slick, modern mobile OS.
If you're serious about your photogrpahy then you can't help but have noticed the falling prices of full-frame DSLRs. In our Canon EOS 6D review we dissect Canon's latest model - costing a very reasonable £1,500. Its image quality is flawless, matching far more expensive models, though the basic autofocus might put off some.
And if your bank balance survived reading that, then you might be tempted by the stunning new iMac - read our Apple iMac 27in review. This is undoubtedly the finest-looking PC ever, though at this price it should be - basic models start at £1,500 and can go a lot higher.
Finally, if you fancy some serious hack-and-slash action with both mind-blowing and mind-bending graphics then check out the rebooted DMC: Devil May Cry.
Online Editor, Expert Reviews
Find a review
- Amazon Coins virtual currency launches in the UK
- Amazon could be planning parcel pickups from London tube stations
- TalkTalk reboots Brownie Computer badge
- Review Roundup: Motorola Moto G, Panasonic GM1, Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 and more
- The Expert Reviews Awards 2013 - Winners revealed
- Download next-gen games in under an hour with 152Mbit/s Virgin Media cable
- Review Roundup: iPad Air, Nexus 5, Lenovo Yoga Tablet, Tesco Hudl and much more
- Review Roundup: Bargain HP Chromebook, new iMac and Surface Pro 2, Sky HD vs Virgin TiVo plus much more
- Not one UK city can boast ‘super-fast’ broadband says uSwitch
- Review Roundup: iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina Hands on, plus lots more