Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13, Ford Kuga 2013 and Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 530W - plus lots more in our reviews roundup
Posted on 8 Feb 2013 at 11:39, by Seth Barton
Another week, another innovative new touchscreen-laptop design - read our Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 review. Here the screen bends all the way back to create a tablet, it's a nice, simple idea, but at £1,000 can it compete with the best?
If you're thinking of building a new PC, or your current one is noisy or unstable, then consider buying a decent power supply for it. Our top pick in our recent roundup is the Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 530W. A modular design cuts cable clutter, there's plenty of power for high-end components and it's practically silent too.
This week we got to test drive the newly unveiled Ford Kuga 2013. As well as being longer and roomier, we finally got to test Ford's SYNC in-car entertainment system in its European incarnation. See how we got on with it, on the streets of Valencia.
Moving back to PCs, we have the MSI FM2-A75-E35. This Budget-Buy winning motherboard costs just £49, but is an excellent basis for a powerful yet cheap PC based around an AMD Trinity processor.
With so much storage now done online, your PC's or laptop's hard disk doesn't need to be cavernous anymore. That's a great excuse to switch to an SSD such as the SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD. You get fast performance and 256GB of storage for just £131.
Finally, if you fancy classic RPG action then why not play (or replay) Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. The seminal D&D game is back, and doesn't require rose-tinted glasses to enjoy.
Find a review
- Apple's green ads take a swipe at Samsung
- Eyefi Cloud uploads your photos as you snap them
- Virgin Media cock-up bombards customers with spam emails
- Had a facelift? Harley Medical hackers have nabbed your personal details
- UK broadband speeds rise but rural communities are left behind
- Google beats Facebook to buying Titan Aerospace drone company
- Sky and TalkTalk partnership to bring 1Gbps fibre broadband to York
- Want to avoid catastrophic Heartbleed bug? Stay off the internet
- Apple announces WWDC 2014 for June 2-6
- Government incompetence hands BT broadband monopoly