Review Roundup: Asus MemoPad HD 7, MSI GE60, BT Home Hub 4 tested and lots more
Posted on 16 Aug 2013 at 17:00, by Seth Barton
Asus helped Google create both the original and the new Nexus 7, so it certainly knows about tablets. The new Asus MemoPad HD 7 is another great device, it's a bargain at just £130 with a great screen and good build quality. It's a fantastic alternative to the new, upgraded and pricier Nexus 7.
With its quad-core 2.4GHz 4th-generation Intel processor the MSI GE60 is the most powerful laptop we've ever seen. It also has a powerful graphics card for playing the latest games and a Full HD display. A great keyboard and smart-looking chassis round off this Ultimate award winner.
If you're a BT Broadband subscriber then the new BT Home Hub 4 is available at present for just a £35 upgrade charge. We test the new router to see if it's worth the upgrade from your current model or whether a third-party device is a better buy.
These days it's easy to think that all communication happens via the internet. However, posters, leaflets, newsletters, invites and flyers are still a great way of informing people about what's going on. To create all these and much more try Serif PagePlus X7 our new Best Buy winner.
There are plenty of budget 7in Android tablets, but if you want a bigger 10in device your options have been far more limited. Now the Versus TouchTab 10.1 fills that gap admirably. You get an IPS display, a decent dual-core chipset and a metal chassis. All for just £170 with a two-year John Lewis warranty.
Finally, we have the new AVM Fritz!Box 3390. The company make some of the best performing routers available and this dual-band router with built-in modem is no exception. So if you're looking to replace your old router, this is a great buy.
Find a review
- Upcoming USB Type-C connector to be thinner and reversible
- Amazon Coins virtual currency launches in the UK
- Amazon could be planning parcel pickups from London tube stations
- TalkTalk reboots Brownie Computer badge
- Review Roundup: Motorola Moto G, Panasonic GM1, Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 and more
- The Expert Reviews Awards 2013 - Winners revealed
- Download next-gen games in under an hour with 152Mbit/s Virgin Media cable
- Review Roundup: iPad Air, Nexus 5, Lenovo Yoga Tablet, Tesco Hudl and much more
- Review Roundup: Bargain HP Chromebook, new iMac and Surface Pro 2, Sky HD vs Virgin TiVo plus much more
- Not one UK city can boast ‘super-fast’ broadband says uSwitch