Portaflash Digital Studio Kit review
Review Date: 18 Sep 2008
Price when reviewed: inc VAT
Reviewed By: Ben Pitt
The Digital Studio Kit saves around £100 on buying the same products separately and includes a holdall for transportation.
It comprises pairs of Portaflash 336VM flash heads, 81cm brollies, 62-213cm stands, tilting brackets to join the three together, sync cables and a book on basic lighting techniques. It also includes two slave trigger units, which plug into the flash heads' sync inputs to trigger a flash when another flash is detected. This is a great way to trigger multiple flashes wirelessly, but the 336VMs have the same feature built in. The external triggers could be used with other flashes, though. The supplied flash heads are mains-powered and have a guide number of 36m, which makes them powerful enough to illuminate an area 10 metres squared.
This kit is a great starter pack for anyone who wants to get into studio photography.
Find a review
- Virgin Media boosting internet speeds for all customers - up to 152Mbit/s
- Expert Reviews - Best of MWC 2014 - Award Winners
- MWC 2014: In-depth, hands-on coverage from our team in Barcelona
- Competition: Win Ice skating passes for Canary Wharf Ice Rink
- UK government launches Cyber Streetwise online safety campaign