Computer Shopper Awards 2006
Posted on 19 Oct 2006 at 15:19, by Alun Williams
Earlier this month The Computer Shopper Awards took place at The Groucho Club in central London, and we can now officially reveal the results.
There were 13 categories in the awards, some with sub-categories as well as an overall winner.
Dell took the crown as Best PC Manufacturer (with Evesham, HP and Mesh commended) and HP carried off the laptop award (with Acer, Dell and Toshiba commended), with Nokia winning Best Handheld (the Orange SPV C600 won the Smartphone sub-category) and Epson receiving the overall Printer award for its AcuLaser C1100 (Dell scooped the best MFP, HP the best inkjet, and Epson the best photo printer).
The overall category winners were:
* Best PC Manufacturer - Dell
* Best Notebook Manufacturer - HP
* Best Handheld - Nokia E61
* Best Printer - Epson AcuLaser C100
* Best Display - Philip 200W6CS 20" Widescreen
* Best Photography Product - Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W30
* Best Video Product - Canon MV960
* Best Audio Product - Logitech X-230
* Best Storage Product - Buffalo LinkStation Pro 250GB
* Best Network Product - D-Link RangeBooster N 650 Router
* Best Component - Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
* Best Software - Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0
* Best Game - 2K Games, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Full coverage of the Awards can be found in the December issue of Computer Shopper, which has gone on general sale today.
Find a review
- Google increases Chromebook push in UK
- Google balloon internet takes to the skies in project loon
- Adobe Flash flaw opens webcams to remote peeping toms
- Apple hit by 5,000 US government spy requests
- Sony PS4 E3 reveal may see sub-$400 launch price, claims analyst
- Mad Catz teases Android-powered Mojo microconsole
- AMD hopes for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 cross-platform compatibility
- Computex 2013 news round-up: hands on coverage from our team in Taipei
- Razer CEO: Atrox arcade stick was a "big experiment for us"
- Samsung sponsors Royal Rowing Regatta