Samsung HW-F750 soundbar confirmed for CES 2013 appearance
Posted on 6 Jan 2013 at 15:51, by Tom Morgan
Samsung has announced its top-end digital audio line-up for 2013, ahead of tomorrow's unveiling at CES. The HW-F750 soundbar is the star of the show, building vacuum tube amplifier into a soundbar for the first time.
The HW-F750 has clearly been designed with user convenience in mind - it has an integrated SoundShare function will let users wirelessly connect the soundbar to a TV via Bluetooth (although we don't yet know if this is via some sort of dongle, or only to compatible Samsung TVs) and uses an integrated gyroscope detects the soundbar's orientation, gauging height and rotation to optimize audio quality for either horizontal or vertical positioning.
It turns on automatically when the TV is turned on using Samsung's AirtrackOn feature, and can be controlled with a TV remote control. A separate wireless subwoofer can be placed anywhere in a room without worrying about cables, and the all-metal design with protruding vacuum tube amplifier looks incredibly stylish.
Samsung claims the vacuum tube amplifier will provide "pure power and warm, natural sound" that other soundbars can't compete with - we'll know once we get to hear it on the CES show floor over the coming days. Until then, we won't know about UK pricing or availability, but we'll be sure to check with Samsung's representatives.
Find a review
- Toshiba’s 2013 A/V line-up for 2013 revealed
- LG Laser TV review - Hands on
- Samsung HT-F9750W 7.1 home cinema system packs 1,330w of power - CES 2013
- Pioneer adds HTC One X, One X Plus streaming to 2012 AV receivers
- BT Vision gets British Museum Channel
- Harmon Kardon unveils AVR 700, AVR 1700 AV receivers
- Bowers & Wilkins unveils the Panorama 2 sound-bar
- Viewsonic Pro9000 lamp-free projector review – hands on
- Bose announces VideoWave II home theatre system