Sony NEX-6, Barnes and Noble Nook HD, BT YouView - reviews roundup
Posted on 7 Dec 2012 at 12:50, by
Sony NEX-6, Barnes and Noble Nook HD, BT YouView - reviews roundup - plus read our verdicts on the: Toshiba Satellite L855-148 and Asus K55VD laptops. Our weekly review roundup this week contains the most exciting new kit you can buy, fully-tested in our lab.
If you've been holding off buying a new laptop because of Windows 8 then wait no longer. Read our Toshiba Satellite L855-148 review. This powerful laptop may not have a fancy touchscreen, but everything else is top-notch and it costs just £635 inc VAT.
We've long been fans of Sony's NEX system cameras, but the latest model is the best by far - read our Sony NEX-6 review. It has ironed out the problems with previous NEX cameras, while retaining the compact size and fantastic low-light capabilites. This is the best CSC you can buy.
Barnes and Noble are a big competitor to Amazon in the US and have now released a tablet in the UK, see our Barnes & Noble Nook HD review. It goes head-to-head with the likes of Amazon's Fire HD, but has a superior higher-resolution screen. Though we can't promise the company pays any more UK corporation tax than its competitor.
YouView may have been delayed, but it's here now and it's a brilliant alternative to Sky and Virgin Media. Now BT is rolling out the boxes at incredibly low prices, with extra content too, read our BT YouView review for all the details.
Another great-value Windows 8 laptop, this time from Asus. Read our Asus K55VD review. It's a great laptop for under £450, and its dedicated graphics make it an attractive option for gamers on a budget.
Finally, check out our rundown of all the best new features in Android 4.2. Tablet users in particular should be clamouring for an update from their manufacturers.
Online Editor, Expert Reviews
Find a review
- Samsung Chromebook 2 announced with faux leather lid, Full HD display
- Sony sells PC division, spins off TV arm
- Goodbye VAIO? Sony may sell PC and laptop division to focus on smartphones
- Sony VAIO Fit multi-flip 11 review - hands on
- Nvidia Tegra K1 review - Hands on with new 'Super Chip'
- New Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon review - hands on
- Gigabyte Aurus X7 revealed as the slimmest dual GPU laptop in the world
- CES 2014: In-depth, hands-on coverage from our team in Las Vegas
- Samsung Ativ Book 9 updated with Haswell CPUs, Full HD touchscreen
- Asus Transformer Book Duet TD300 runs Android and Windows, switches at any time