Samsung Galaxy Note 2 family updated with new colour schemes
Posted on 18 Jan 2013 at 10:11, by Gareth Halfacree
Samsung has announced an update to its Galaxy Note 2 - but before you get too excited, the company is changing the design only with no sign of a hardware refresh in sight.
While Samsung's fans sit patiently waiting for news of the upcoming Galaxy Note 3, rumoured to be the first handset to include the company's latest Exynos 5 Octa eight-core high-speed processor, the company is adding two new colours to the range.
Called 'Amber Brown' and 'Ruby Wine', the new colours are added to the Galaxy Note 2 range alongside the existing 'Titanium Grey' and 'Marble White' options, bringing the total model range to four. Interestingly, there's no sign of a black model, despite Samsung having paraded a pre-production version at previous events.
For both models, the new colour scheme extends across both the front and rear of the handset, as well as coming with a colour-matched S-Pen stylus. Both models include a brushed metal appearance, covered in a layer of protective gloss and featuring a slightly speckled light-catching finish.
For now, however, the new models are exclusive to Samsung's native Korean market, with no news yet from the company on when it plans to roll out the two new colours internationally.
Find a review
- Upcoming USB Type-C connector to be thinner and reversible
- Asus PadFone Mini leaks ahead of launch
- HTC One 2 (HTC M8) specs, price, release date, news and rumours
- Samsung Galaxy S5 release date, price, specs & features rumours
- Samsung Galaxy S5 potentially spotted on benchmark website
- iPhone 6 could get refocus-able light field camera
- iPhone 6 release date, specs, price, news & rumours
- Yotaphone dual-screen Android smartphone launches in Europe
- Apple iPhone 5S outselling 5C three to one in UK
- Virgin Media TV Anywhere now available on Android