Apple releases iLife ’08, graphics updates; iLife ’09 ships
Posted on 27 Jan 2009 at 07:59, by Simon Aughton
Apple has released minor updates to iLife ’08 as it announces that it has started shipping its successor, iLIfe ’09.
The iLife Media Browser Update improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues and recommended for all users of iLife ’08, as well as Aperture and iWork 08.
The company has also updated the iDVD component of iLife ’08. iDVD 7.0.3 also improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues.
Both updates are also available via Software Update.
Users of the new MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air have been complaining of problems when using the Apple adapter to connect the notebooks’ Mini DisplayPort video connector to DVI-enabled displays. Without specifically mentioning those problems, Apple has released the Nvidia Graphics Update 2009 to improve cursor movement when using the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter.
The iLife ’09 release was announced at the same time as a new version of iWork, Apple’s productivity suite. That software is currently available with a £15 rebate if purchased at the same time as any Mac. The offer runs from 20 January to 20 April 2009.
Find a review
- Netflix streamlines its UI across smart TVs, PS3, Xbox 360 and Roku boxes
- iOS 7 iTunes Radio heading to UK in early 2014, say sources
- Upcoming YouTube offline playback update explained
- Adobe Creative Suite goes subscription-only, gets new hardware
- Twitter #music social recommendation engine launches
- Google Play Music may get unlimited streaming subscription
- Rdio launches six-month free music streaming offer
- Steinberg Cubasis iOS 6 sequencer launches for iPad
- Flickr iPhone app updated to take on instagram - hands on
- Apple iTunes 11 launches with iPhone-inspired interface