Apple releases iLife ’08, graphics updates; iLife ’09 ships
Posted on 27 Jan 2009 at 07:59, by Simon Aughton
Apple has released minor updates to iLife ’08 as it announces that it has started shipping its successor, iLIfe ’09.
The iLife Media Browser Update improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues and recommended for all users of iLife ’08, as well as Aperture and iWork 08.
The company has also updated the iDVD component of iLife ’08. iDVD 7.0.3 also improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues.
Both updates are also available via Software Update.
Users of the new MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air have been complaining of problems when using the Apple adapter to connect the notebooks’ Mini DisplayPort video connector to DVI-enabled displays. Without specifically mentioning those problems, Apple has released the Nvidia Graphics Update 2009 to improve cursor movement when using the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter.
The iLife ’09 release was announced at the same time as a new version of iWork, Apple’s productivity suite. That software is currently available with a £15 rebate if purchased at the same time as any Mac. The offer runs from 20 January to 20 April 2009.
Find a review
- iTunes Radio UK launch date looking closer than ever
- Google Play Music Android app gets Sonos integration
- Spotify overhauls web, desktop and iOS apps with new look, new features
- Last.fm closing its subscription streaming service
- Watch out YouTube - Vimeo looking to tempt content creators with $10 million investment fund
- Amazon Prime rumoured to get unlimited music streaming
- Amazon Prime + LoveFilm Instant: How will the changes affect you?
- Netflix Ultra HD 4K video streaming coming this year, LG and Sony TVs on board
- Spotify Shuffle free streaming available on mobile devices, now with added Led Zeppelin
- Spotify could be preparing free mobile music streaming service