Logitech Z205 review
Portable USB speakers are usually profoundly disappointing, with few advantage over the built-in laptop speakers they're intended to replace. Fortunately, PC audio experts Logitech have shown us how it's done by making a pair we actually want to listen to.
The Z205 speakers are loud enough to be heard throughout our sizeable and noisy labs, they don’t distort at high volume and provide a decent amount of bass - pretty good for a 2.0 unit measuring just 64x180x34mm.
The speakers have a USB port on the back, plus a 3.5mm port that allows you to connect them to an MP3 player – you'll still need to power them over USB, though. Power and volume controls are on the top.
Really busy or heavily distorted mid-tones can sound a little muddy, but most music sounds great. If you need a pair of portable USB speakers, buy these.
Find a review
- Loewe Speaker 2go launched - hands on
- Logic3 unveils new Ferrari Cavallino T350 headphones, Scuderia FS1 speaker dock
- Bayan and Radiopaq announce 3XL and QX1 speaker and headphone bundle
- Roth AV launches Roth.2 SOF-a hands-free Bluetooth system
- Roth OLi POWA-5 brings Bluetooth support to monitor range