BT YouView box free for new Infinity subscribers
Posted on 20 Sep 2012 at 15:08, by Tom Morgan
BT will be giving customers a free YouView set-top box for signing up to its Infinity fibre optic broadband service, saving you £299.
The subscription-free service includes all the channels available on Freeview, including HD channels, as well as a seven-day catch-up TV service for all channels from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5.
We've already reviewed the Humax-branded YouView box BT will be giving away as part of the offer - it comes with a 500GB hard disk, which has enough room for 300 hours of standard definition TV or 125 hours of high definition video. It will also let you access BT Vision, the largest on-demand library available on YouView.
Alex Green, BT's director of TV was enthusiastic about the announcement: “With YouView from BT not only can customers experience a great new way to watch TV, they will also be able to access a huge range of on-demand content from BT Vision.”
The Infinity deal has a minimum 12 month contract and starts at £18 per month. It will be available from the 26th of October. Customers can register their interest in advance at www.bt.com/youview, with the opportunity to pre-order in the week before the box goes on sale.
BT customers not in an Infinity enabled area still qualify for the promotion, as long as they subscribe to TV essential for £4 a month.
Find a review
- Virgin Media TV Anywhere now available on Android
- Sky reveals Designer Sky+HD boxes
- Virgin Media + BT Sport - Deal done in time for kick off
- Intel IPTV set-top box in the works
- Sony announces Nasne PlayStation 3 PVR add-on
- Humax TV Portal to launch in January
- Project Canvas to launch as YouView in 2011
- Humax announces Freeview HD PVR
- Freeview HD PVR on sale before World Cup