HTC France hints at Evo 3D European launch
Posted on 29 Mar 2011 at 10:00, by Gareth Halfacree
HTC's latest Android-powered smartphone, the HTC Evo 3D, is reportedly making the trip across the pond to the UK, bringing with it an autostereoscopic display, similar to that used in Nintendo's recently-launched 3DS console.
Launching in the US this Summer, HTC had previously kept quiet about whether the device would be coming to the UK. However, a message on the company's French-language Twitter feed suggests that Europe will be getting the device, although a launch date was not part of the semi-announcement.
"Un #HTC Evo 3D pour la France ça vous dit," read the message
on the official HTC France Twitter feed. "Nous oui! Et même qu'il garde le même nom ;) Date de dispo non confirmée."
Roughly translated, the message says: "An HTC Evo 3D for France, anyone? Yes! And it even keeps the same name ;) Launch date unconfirmed."
The HTC Evo 3D is an interesting handset, combining Google's Android
2.3 'Gingerbread' operating system with HTC's popular Sense UI custom interface, backed by a powerful 1.2GHz processor. It's the display that is likely to excite many, however: as the name suggests, the handset includes an autostereoscopic display that allows glasses-free 3D visuals - and HTC has even included a 3D camera on the rear which can take both stills and video.
While HTC UK is currently keeping quiet on the issue, a France-only launch seems unlikely - so our fingers are crossed for a pan-European launch some time later this year.
Find a review
- iPhone 6 could use curved glass front panel
- iPhone Air – What does the iPhone 6 have in common with Bigfoot?
- Android ad traffic overtakes iOS for the first time
- iPhone 6 case compared with 5s, Nexus 5 in video leak
- HTC One (m8) leaked in red, headed to the US on Verizon first
- Latest iPhone 6 rumour points to curved display, all aluminium chassis
- iPhone 6 pictured in concept renders based on current rumour round-up
- Leaked images show iOS 8 running on Apple iPhone 5s
- Samsung Galaxy K Zoom cameraphone pictured ahead of official reveal
- iOS 8 release date, screenshots, features, news and rumours for new iPhone 6 and iPhone 5 operating system