HTC Deluxe won't be coming to Europe
Posted on 27 Nov 2012 at 10:00, by Gareth Halfacree
HTC has confirmed that its Deluxe handset, known as the Droid DNA in the US and J Butterfly in Japan, won't be coming to Europe in its present form.
Based around a 5in Full HD 1080p display, the HTC Deluxe includes a 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro ARM-based processor, 2GB of RAM and an eight megapixel rear-facing camera. In keeping with HTC's other smartphone devices, it includes Beats Audio technology for improved music playback and also supports 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) for high-speed mobile broadband.
The handset also includes Google's Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS, with HTC's own Sense UI 4 on top. This may put users who prefer a vanilla Android experience off, but it is likely to be welcomed by those used to the way HTC handsets operate.
Despite having already launched in the US as a Verizon exclusive, gathering good reviews in the process, HTC has now confirmed it will be skipping Europe altogether. According to a Facebook post by a representative from HTC's German arm, the device will not launch in Europe - either under the name HTC Deluxe or any other.
No reason for the decision has been given, but those who were looking forward to the device have to hope that HTC is planning to launch a tweaked version - possibly based around Android 4.2, a newer version of Google's mobile platform - specifically for the European market.
Find a review
- iPhone 6 could use curved glass front panel
- iPhone Air – What does the iPhone 6 have in common with Bigfoot?
- Android ad traffic overtakes iOS for the first time
- iPhone 6 case compared with 5s, Nexus 5 in video leak
- HTC One (m8) leaked in red, headed to the US on Verizon first
- Latest iPhone 6 rumour points to curved display, all aluminium chassis
- iPhone 6 pictured in concept renders based on current rumour round-up
- Leaked images show iOS 8 running on Apple iPhone 5s
- Samsung Galaxy K Zoom cameraphone pictured ahead of official reveal
- iOS 8 release date, screenshots, features, news and rumours for new iPhone 6 and iPhone 5 operating system