EE 4G UK mobile broadband data limits boosted
Posted on 28 Nov 2012 at 12:47, by Tom Morgan
EE has boosted the data limits on its UK 4G mobile broadband packages, giving both new and existing customers more bandwidth to use for web browsing and watching streaming video when on the move.
The contracts, which initially offered 2GB, 3Gb and 5GB of data for £15.99, £20.99 and £25.99 a month respectively, have all received extra data allowances. The 2GB price plan now has 3GB of data, the 3GB package has been bumped to 5GB and the top-end 5GB bundle now has 8GB of data.
Customers will also need to factor in the price of the bundled Huawei E392 mobile broadband dongle, which costs £49.99 on the cheapest plan or £29.99 on the 5GB package. Anyone opting for the 8GB package will get one for free.
Also announced was a new one month SIM only 4G mobile broadband plan, which includes 5GB of data for £15.99, with the first month free for customers signing up before 23rd December.
“These updates underline our commitment to offering customers the best value and choice from our plans." Pippa Dunn, Chief Marketing Officer - Consumer, EE, said of the change. "customers signing up to our £15.99 5GB SIM only plan get great value whether they’re on 4G or 3G, and they will receive their first month free.”
The new contracts are available in EE stores, over the phone or through the EE website at shop.ee.co.uk.
Find a review
- iPhone 6 could use curved glass front panel
- iPhone Air – What does the iPhone 6 have in common with Bigfoot?
- Android ad traffic overtakes iOS for the first time
- iPhone 6 case compared with 5s, Nexus 5 in video leak
- HTC One (m8) leaked in red, headed to the US on Verizon first
- Latest iPhone 6 rumour points to curved display, all aluminium chassis
- iPhone 6 pictured in concept renders based on current rumour round-up
- Leaked images show iOS 8 running on Apple iPhone 5s
- Samsung Galaxy K Zoom cameraphone pictured ahead of official reveal
- iOS 8 release date, screenshots, features, news and rumours for new iPhone 6 and iPhone 5 operating system