Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Mini announced
Posted on 6 Feb 2013 at 12:47, by Tom Morgan
Logitech has announced its first keyboard cover for Apple's iPad Mini tablet. Having already introduced similar cases for the larger iPad, this latest Ultrathin Keyboard Cover shrinks down to 7.9in to protect the iPad Mini, popping out with a full physical keyboard when you need to type.
Connecting over Bluetooth and using an internal battery that's good for three months on a single charge - down from six on the iPad cover - the 220g aluminium cover uses integrated magnets to keep your iPad Mini secure when it's in your bag. Its central groove lets you position the tablet comfortably when it's time to write.
We looked at the Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad last year and were seriously impressed with how useful and well built it was - if Logitech can manage the same feat with its iPad Mini variant, without dramatically shrinking the keys to the point that it's difficult to type, the company could be on to a winner.
Expect to pay around £70 when the Ultrathin Keyboard Cover launches later this month, in two colours designed to compliment the iPad Mini's black and white colour schemes.
Find a review
- Upcoming USB Type-C connector to be thinner and reversible
- Asus PadFone Mini leaks ahead of launch
- Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet on sale tomorrow through John Lewis
- Virgin Media TV Anywhere now available on Android
- Microsoft could be preparing to axe Windows RT
- Amazon sells more Amazon tablets than any other, no-one is surprised
- Logitech PowerShell turns the iPhone 5, iPhone 5S into a console
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset coming next year
- UK buyers fleeced in tablet storage memory 'rip-off'
- Apple iPad Mini with Retina display now on sale in the UK