Limited-edition Nissan X-Trail Platinum announced
Posted on 3 Jan 2012 at 15:41, by Gareth Halfacree
Nissan has announced that it is opening the order book for a limited edition version of its X-Trail 4x4, known as the X-Trail Platinum.
Limited to a production run of just 200, the Platinum model brings the popular X-Trail into the luxury market with new design features, accessories and safety facilities including the fitting of additional protection plates located below the bumper.
The exterior also benefits from chrome side steps and chrome door protection mouldings, while the interior includes leather upholstery, electrically-adjustable heated front seats, and a new touch-screen communication unit featuring integrated satellite navigation, iPod connectivity and Bluetooth support.
The upgraded specification also includes a reversing camera as standard, with the image displayed on a screen built in to the rear-view mirror.
The X-Trail Platinum includes Nissan's 2.0-litre dCi diesel engine in a choice of automatic or manual transmissions, with the latter offering a power output of 173PS while still hitting a reasonably impressive 44.1mpg average fuel consumption in the combined cycle.
Despite its upgraded specifications and extremely limited production run, the X-Trail Platinum is being positioned by Nissan as affordable: priced at £29,180 for the manual model and £30,560 for the automatic, the X-Trail Platinum is actually cheaper than the Tekna version on which it's based.
Find a review
- HP SlateBook 10 X2 details revealed online ahead of official announcement
- BMW and Mini get Glympse in-car location sharing
- Ferrari FF to launch with Apple-powered infotainment system
- Audi self-driving, self-parking cars revealed
- Lexus not ready to commit to driverless cars, thinks assisted automation is the future
- Volkswagen recalls Beetles over airbag flaw
- Chargemaster launches Halo wireless vehicle charging trial
- Volvo promises 'smart' vehicles by 2016
- Fujitsu unveils world's first super-wide-angle 3D laser radar
- BYD e6 brings pure-electric option to greentomatocars' fleet