Vauxhall VX Protect looks to safeguard your paintwork
Posted on 22 Oct 2012 at 10:09, by Gareth Halfacree
Vauxhall has announced the launch of a new paint protection kit, developed in conjunction with Supagard, dubbed VX Protect.
VX Protect is a high-tech polymer sealant designed to create a protective layer on top of the vehicle's paintwork which polishes to a high shine, as well as provide a fully transparent covering to guard against atmospheric pollutants that could otherwise damage paintwork.
Vauxhall claims the sealant provides protection against fading through ultraviolet exposure and corrosion from tree sap, salt, rain and other substances, and provides a more uniform finish than untreated paintwork. The company also claims that, once applied, VX Protect will never need to be topped-up or reapplied, and that protection is permanent - and it's even going to so far as to to offer a 100,000-mile warranty on VX Protect when applied to a new Vauxhall or a three-year warranty if applied to a used Vauxhall.
VX Protect is based on the 100 Plus product from Supagard, with Vauxhall adding the brand-specific warranty along with a range of aftercare bolt-on packs: the VX Protect 1 with Exterior kit, the most basic product in the range, includes the paintseal cream and car shampoo, while the top-end VX Protect 4 adds a canvas bag containing car shampoo, bird lime neutraliser, wheel cleaner, sponge, window sticker, emergency kit, chamois kit, alloy wheel brush, paintseal cream, glass cleaner, RainScreen, Wizemark Security Solution, a three-year key finder service, personal item security marking and a £500 payout if the car is stolen and never recovered.
Pricing for the kits range from £199 for the entry-level VX Protect 1 to £499 for the top-end VX Protect 4. All packs are available to purchase now.
Find a review
- Apple CarPlay puts iOS on your dashboard
- Beyond iPhone 6 - Apple looking to electric cars with Tesla buy
- Take the Auto Express Driver Power survey
- Google putting Android in cars with Open Automotive Alliance
- CES 2014: In-depth, hands-on coverage from our team in Las Vegas
- CES 2014: Qualcomm Snapdragon 802 to power 4K TVs, Snapdragon 602a for connected cars
- Subaru WRX 2014 unveiled, no word yet as to UK availability
- Lexus CT 200h 2014 officially unveiled
- Hyundai Genesis 2014 UK launch heavily hinted
- Honda FCEV 2015 concept hints at future fuel cell plans