Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro review
Creative’s X-Fi Go! Pro is a simple way to add improved sound to your desktop or laptop. After you’ve gone through the lengthy driver installation process, the Creative Audio Control Panel lets you add virtual surround sound to your music and games, and use the “Crystalizer” to enhance the sound of compressed music. Despite the X-Fi branding, you don’t get access to the full suite of X-Fi effects.
Compared to our on-board Intel HD audio, music through the Go! Pro sounded deeper, richer and with much broader stereo. Turning up the Crysalizer helped restore some punch to Public Enemy tracks played from Spotify, although you have to avoid turning it up too high to avoid distortion. The surround effect worked beautifully in Call of Duty 4 – while sound was previously flat, the Go! Pro’s virtual surround brought out rain, helicopter engines and gunshots, making us far more immersed in the game.
Find a review
- Got bleeding gums? Get Grush, the gaming toothbrush for Android and iOS
- LG G Watch successor, LG W Watch, will have heart monitor
- iWatch could replace iPod, Apple not expected to update its MP3 player this year
- Apple iWatch price, pictures, specs, release date and rumours
- Sony Smartwatch 2 gets major software update