Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Alpha review
The Tactic3D Alpha is a combination of a gaming microphone headset and a USB sound card dongle. The headset has standard 3.5mm jack plugs for the headphones and microphone, so you can either use the dongle or plug them into your standard sound card.
We’d recommend the USB sound card over your PC’s onboard audio. The supplied ‘THX TruStudio Pro’ software has several sound enhancements. For games you can turn on virtual surround – while this wasn’t as effective as a dedicated 5.1 headset, it gave games a very wide stereo soundscape. Meanwhile, the Crystalizer mode adds punch to compressed music, but can sound too bright at higher levels.
While the USB dongle improved audio output, we didn’t like the headphones much – they feel cheap and have muddy sound. We’d recommend the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro dongle and a good pair of headphones instead.
Find a review
- Apple iWatch price, specs, release date and rumours
- Samsung Android Wear smartwatch in the works, Gear wearables could soon work with all Android smartphones
- Google Glass Android KitKat update released, brings improved battery life
- Apple iWatch could cost just $250
- Google Glass to go on sale to the public for one day only - if you're in the US