Microsoft Windows 8 Pro upgrade to cost £25
Posted on 29 Aug 2012 at 22:20, by David Ludlow
Microsoft has confirmed that the UK upgrade price for Windows 8 Pro will be just £25, which is pretty much the same as the US price of $40.
In an official statement released to us today, Microsoft revealed its full UK pricing for all upgrades to Windows 8.
"Microsoft can confirm that UK customers who have bought a Windows 7 PC since June 2nd 2012 will be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for £14.99 via windowsupgradeoffer.com," said the statement. "In addition, from October 26th 2012, UK customers with older Windows PCs will be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro via an electronic software download for ERP £24.99. Additionally, Windows 8 software will be available for sale from participating UK retailers."
We'd already had confirmation about the Windows 8 UK upgrade price for people buying new Windows 7 PCs, but this is the first confirmation we've had about everybody else.
Microsoft is keen to get as many people to Windows 8 as it can, making the upgrade offer open to all users of Windows from XP upwards. The original deal was announced on the Windows blog on 2nd July 2012 and states that Windows 7 upgraders can bring across files, settings and applications; upgraders from Vista can bring settings and files only; XP upgraders can bring their files only.
If you're not quite sure whether you should make the upgrade or not, check out our full Windows 8 review
Find a review
- Upcoming USB Type-C connector to be thinner and reversible
- Amazon Coins virtual currency launches in the UK
- Amazon could be planning parcel pickups from London tube stations
- TalkTalk reboots Brownie Computer badge
- Review Roundup: Motorola Moto G, Panasonic GM1, Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 and more
- The Expert Reviews Awards 2013 - Winners revealed
- Download next-gen games in under an hour with 152Mbit/s Virgin Media cable
- Review Roundup: iPad Air, Nexus 5, Lenovo Yoga Tablet, Tesco Hudl and much more
- Review Roundup: Bargain HP Chromebook, new iMac and Surface Pro 2, Sky HD vs Virgin TiVo plus much more
- Not one UK city can boast ‘super-fast’ broadband says uSwitch