Nexus 4 White pre-orders available through TalkTalk
Posted on 21 Nov 2012 at 09:48, by Gareth Halfacree
TalkTalk has announced that it will be receiving stock of the best-selling Google Nexus 4 smartphone by the 13th of December, including an as-yet unseen white-body version.
According to the company's pre-order page, the Nexus 4 White features the same specification as its black equivalent: a high-resolution 4.7in 1280x768 display hides a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro system-on-chip processor, 2GB of RAM and a choice of 8GB or 16GB of non-upgradeable storage. A 1.3 megapixel camera sits on the front of the device for video conferencing, and an eight megapixel model on the rear for video and photo shooting - including the new 360-degree panoramic shooting mode introduced in Google's Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system.
The Nexus 4 Black has certainly proved popular: launched on the 13th of November, Google's flagship LG-manufactured device sold out world-wide within hours of its page going live on the Google Play storefront. Since then, further stock has not been forthcoming and even those lucky enough to get their order in early have been told that they may have to wait up to three weeks to receive their handset.
It's not all rosy for Google, however: numerous bugs have been reported as affecting Android 4.2, including the month of December going missing from the People application and random reboots. Nevertheless, the low price and high specification of the Nexus 4 - coupled with Google's assurances that the bugs will be fixed - mean it is likely to continue to sell well in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
Sadly for those hoping for a bargain, TalkTalk's pre-order offer on the white model comes with a catch: the device is available only with a 24-month contract, starting at £30 a month for 100 minutes, 250 texts and 200MB of data, with no SIM-free outright purchase option available. To tempt customers into signing up, the company has decided to bundle Google's Nexus 7 tablet in the pack as well.
More details are available on the TalkTalk website.
Find a review
- Android Device Manager anti-theft app now in Google Play store
- Nokia Normandy Android smartphone rumoured for 2014
- Asus Padfone Mini launched as 4.3in smartphone and 7in tablet pair
- European air authorities update guidelines, smartphones and tablets get the OK to fly
- Qualcomm reveals 64-bit Snapdragon 410 mobile CPU
- HTC One Mini sales ban gets last-minute delay
- Upcoming USB Type-C connector to be thinner and reversible
- Asus PadFone Mini leaks ahead of launch
- HTC One 2 (HTC M8) specs, price, release date, news and rumours
- Samsung Galaxy S5 potentially spotted on benchmark website