Google Nexus 4 users report buzzing earpiece issues
Posted on 26 Nov 2012 at 10:45, by Gareth Halfacree
Users of the new Google Nexus 4 smartphone are reporting an issue with audio quality, complaining of a faint buzzing noise, static or hissing during phone calls.
Reported to Google though its official Android bug-tracking system, the flaw appears to be affecting a number of early adopters who have purchased both 8GB and 16GB models of the best-selling LG-manufactured Android smartphone. The issue is most commonly reported as a faint buzzing or clicking noise when using the handset's earpiece, although others have described the problem as occurring even when the earpiece is not in use.
The flaw comes following reports of software bugs in the Android 4.2 'Jelly Bean' software which launched alongside the cut-price smartphone handset, causing random reboots, the loss of the month of December, application crashes and Bluetooth connection instability. Whereas Google has confirmed the existence of the software flaws, however, neither the advertising giant nor its hardware partner LG has commented on the buzzing issue.
With users reporting the problem concerned it may represent a design flaw in the handset, rather than an easily-fixed software bug, the companies would do well to reassure customers that the issue is being investigated - especially given the popularity of the handset, which sold out hours after launch.
Find a review
- iOS 8 release date, screenshots, features, news and rumours for new iPhone 6 and iPhone 5 operating system
- Shocking! Nokia stops European sales of Lumia 2520 tablet
- BBC iPlayer and Sky Go not working on iPhone and iPad
- iOS 8 could get Shazam integration for Siri song recognition
- Leaked iPhone 6 battery images potentially confirm bigger screen rumours
- Chrome Remote Desktop now available for Android
- HTC releases Dual Lens camera SDK for HTC One (M8) developers
- LG G3 to arrive in gold, according to leaked retail box
- Amazon and Samsung partner up for custom Kindle store on Galaxy smartphones and tablets
- Google Camera Android app launches with Lens Blur effect