Windows Phone 8 comes to Vodafone
Posted on 6 Feb 2013 at 10:40, by Tom Morgan
Vodafone has become the latest network provider to add a set of Windows Phone 8 smartphones to its range of handsets available on contract, with Nokia's Flagship Lumia 920 leading the charge.
Previously exclusive to rival network EE, the Lumia 920 will be available for free on a two-year, £42 a month contract, which includes unlimited calls and texts and 2GB of data. The Lumia 820 will also be available, along with the HTC 8X - both will be free on £33 a month contracts, which come with unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 1GB of data.
Finally, the entry-level Nokia Lumia 620 completes the line-up, which will be free on a £21 a month contract, with 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 250MB of data.
"We're pleased to announce that from today our customers in the UK can get their hands on a wide range of Windows Phone 8 devices" Srini Gopalan, Vodafone's consumer director, said of the launch. "We know there is a lot of interest in both the Windows Phone experience and the range of smartphones that use it."
There was also a hint at what to expect from Vodafone's anticipated 4G roll-out: "Two of the Windows Phone 8 devices we are launching today also form part of our growing range of '4G-ready' handsets. Anyone who buys one of our '4G-ready' phones will be good to go as soon as Vodafone 4G arrives."
With LTE announcements expected in the next month or so, we're keen to see whether Vodafone can compete with Three's announcement that its customers won't have to pay extra for 4G - on Windows Phone 8 or any other compatible device.
Find a review
- LG G3 could arrive in two resolutions
- iPhone 6 case leak seemingly confirms relocated power button
- Bricked! Apple, Google, Microsoft, Nokia and Samsung to add anti-theft kill switch to new phones
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 specs, screen, features, release date, price, news and rumours
- Samsung Android Wear smartwatch in the works, Gear wearables could soon work with all Android smartphones
- Google Project Ara set for January 2015 release date
- Amazon smartphone reportedly leaked ahead of official announcement
- Android 4.4.3 update available NOW on the Nexus 5
- Galaxy S5 teardown suggests Samsung makes $394 profit on every handset
- Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview is free - and here's how to get it