Windows Phone 8 comes to Vodafone
Posted on 6 Feb 2013 at 10:40, by Tom Morgan
Vodafone has become the latest network provider to add a set of Windows Phone 8 smartphones to its range of handsets available on contract, with Nokia's Flagship Lumia 920 leading the charge.
Previously exclusive to rival network EE, the Lumia 920 will be available for free on a two-year, £42 a month contract, which includes unlimited calls and texts and 2GB of data. The Lumia 820 will also be available, along with the HTC 8X - both will be free on £33 a month contracts, which come with unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 1GB of data.
Finally, the entry-level Nokia Lumia 620 completes the line-up, which will be free on a £21 a month contract, with 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 250MB of data.
"We're pleased to announce that from today our customers in the UK can get their hands on a wide range of Windows Phone 8 devices" Srini Gopalan, Vodafone's consumer director, said of the launch. "We know there is a lot of interest in both the Windows Phone experience and the range of smartphones that use it."
There was also a hint at what to expect from Vodafone's anticipated 4G roll-out: "Two of the Windows Phone 8 devices we are launching today also form part of our growing range of '4G-ready' handsets. Anyone who buys one of our '4G-ready' phones will be good to go as soon as Vodafone 4G arrives."
With LTE announcements expected in the next month or so, we're keen to see whether Vodafone can compete with Three's announcement that its customers won't have to pay extra for 4G - on Windows Phone 8 or any other compatible device.
Find a review
- Upcoming USB Type-C connector to be thinner and reversible
- Asus PadFone Mini leaks ahead of launch
- HTC One 2 (HTC M8) specs, price, release date, news and rumours
- Samsung Galaxy S5 potentially spotted on benchmark website
- Yotaphone dual-screen Android smartphone launches in Europe
- Apple iPhone 5S outselling 5C three to one in UK
- Virgin Media TV Anywhere now available on Android
- HTC to bring dual-SIM HTC One to UK
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Grand 2
- Virgin Media confirms iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c prices