Sony enlists James Bond for latest TV campaign
Posted on 24 Oct 2012 at 14:55, by Tom Morgan
Sony has gone all out with its James Bond licensing deal in time for the release of Skyfall on Friday, with a new TV advert highlighting the secret agent's use of Xperia and VAIO products.
007's 23rd outing will see Daniel Craig's Bond use an Xperia T smartphone, almost certainly provided by Q branch, throughout the film on his mission to hunt down villain Raoul Silva. In reality the Xperia T is being marketed as "The Bond Phone", so it should come as no surprise that Sony is looking to make the most of the licensing deal.
The ad will air before select cinema screenings and during prime time TV slots from Friday onwards, but you can get a sneak peek right now. We're hugely excited to see Bond back on the silver screen, although we remain to be convinced that product placement is what the series needs.
“Bond is the smartest of the smart. He demands the best.” Gildas Pelliet, Sony Europe’s Head of Marketing said. “Sony products in the film and the TV advertising campaign are not only the perfect fit for both Bond and SKYFALL, but also the perfect way to show them in action.”
The actual Xperia T might be less high-tech than Bond's custom phone, but it's much easier to get your hands on one - or any of the BRAVIA TVs, Xperia tablets or VAIO laptops seen in the campaign. They are all available from www.sony.co.uk.
Find a review
- Google Nexus 8 - specs, release date, news and price rumours
- Apple celebrates Earth Day with free product recycling
- Google Nexus 8 tablet could be built by HTC
- iTunes Radio UK launch date looking closer than ever
- Apple iPad Pro release date, specs, rumours, price
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 officially revealed in 7, 8 and 10.1in sizes
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 leaked ahead of official announcement
- Microsoft launches Office for iPad, available today
- Samsung Galaxy Note Pro advert pokes fun at rivals
- Google reportedly working on 8.9in Nexus tablet