Sound Science QSB review
Built-in laptop speakers sound, with very few exceptions, rubbish. You could carry a pair of powered PC speakers, but then you'll need to find a plug socket. The QSB speakers aim to solve this dilemma. They're a pair of smart portable speakers that aim to deliver 15W per channel with only your laptop's USB port as a power source. According to the manufacturer, they manage to do this from a 2.5W USB port by temporarily boosting power when needed.
The speakers are incredibly loud - far louder than any USB-powered speakers we've seen and with even more kick than smaller powered speakers. There's little bass rumble but some bass punch, and sound is very clear. However, we felt the speakers sounded overly harsh - there's such a lot of treble that we felt certain parts of the sound were being boosted artificially to make them appear louder. This made the speakers tiring to listen to, and £90 is a lot of money for a pair of portable speakers.
Find a review
- iWatch could replace iPod, Apple not expected to update its MP3 player this year
- Apple iWatch price, pictures, specs, release date and rumours
- Sony Smartwatch 2 gets major software update
- Apple company trademark update strengthens iWatch rumours
- LG G Watch to be water-resistant, always-on and arrive in white and gold