Roccat Savu review
PC gamers haven’t jumped on the Achievement bandwagon in the same way as Xbox owners, but that hasn’t stopped Roccat from adding its own achievement system to its latest mouse. Now, every time you click, scroll or adjust sensitivity you’ll be working towards a series of trophies.
The Savu is otherwise a relatively plain five button mouse, with just a thin LED strip to give you any clue it’s aimed at gamers. It’s smaller than the flagship Kone+, so larger hands might feel a little cramped, and you don’t get a horizontal scroll wheel, but it does support the EasyShift system which doubles the number of available buttons using a macro key.
Unless you’ve always wanted to know how many times you’ve clicked your mouse, we don’t think that achievements alone aren’t enough to convince us that the Savu is worth £45. We like the design but if you can find another £10 the Kone+ is a better choice.
Find a review
- Best Buy
- SteelSeries Xai Laser Mouse
- CES 2014: LG Lifeband Touch revealed ahead of press conference
- CES 2014: Steelseries Sensei Wireless the latest gaming mouse to cut the cord
- Func resurrected with new peripheral line-up
- Logitech G series gaming keyboards and mice get Mac OS X support
- Gigabyte Aivia Xenon combines a mouse and touchpad