Find out how to cancel your Apple Music subscription in six simple steps
Apple Music is a streaming service that allows you to access millions of songs, music videos and more. The subscription cost starts at £10/mth for an individual plan, or £15 for a family pack. If you’re a student, it only costs £3.99/mth, and there’s also a three-month free trial for new subscribers.
Whether you’re nearing the end of your free trial, or simply switching to another music streaming service, here’s how to cancel your Apple Music subscription in just a few easy steps.
How to cancel Apple Music
Cancelling your Apple Music subscription is actually quite simple, but the cancellation process differs between devices. It’s also important to remember that in order to successfully cancel your subscription, you must be using the same Apple ID that you used to sign up to Apple Music.
READ NEXT: Apple Music vs other streamers
How to cancel Apple Music on iPhone, iPad and Android
1. Go to your Apple Music app and tap ‘Settings’
2. Select your Apple ID icon and sign in if you haven’t already
3. Scroll down and tap ‘Subscriptions’
4. Select your Apple Music subscription
5. Press ‘Cancel Subscription’
6. Finally, click ‘Confirm’ and your cancellation will come into effect after the next billing period.
How to cancel Apple Music on Mac and PC
1. Open the iTunes app
2. In the menu bar located in the top right corner, select ‘My Account’
3. Click ‘View My Account’
4. Scroll down to ‘Settings’ and click ‘Subscriptions’
5. Select ‘Manage’ on the right-hand side and click ‘Edit’ next to your Apple Music subscription
6. Select ‘Cancel Subscription’ and then ‘Confirm’.
READ NEXT: Best music streaming service
What happens after I cancel my Apple Music subscription?
All of your Apple Music data will be lost. This includes the saved music in your library and, of course, you’ll no longer be able to access the Apple Music catalogue. This won’t come into effect until after your last billing period, or until your free trials ends.