Audi to stream Le Mans footage online for free
Posted on 9 Jun 2011 at 11:48, by Gareth Halfacree
Audi has announced a treat for motorsport fans: it will be delivering a full live stream of the Le Mans 24 Hour Race this weekend for free via the Internet, complete with in-car telemetry.
The Audi Live Racing microsite will offer fans a full 24-hour live stream of the race featuring onboard footage from the three Audi R18 TDI cars entered, along with telemetry data including speed, selected gear, and position on the track.
As well as the live footage and telemetry the site will offer a summary of the race every two hours, keeping visitors up to date on the progress of all participants. The footage will also be accompanied by five-time Le Mans winner Emanuele Pirro's commentary, provided via the microblogging service Twitter.
The three Audi cars are fielded by Audi Sport Team Joest. The drivers running in car number "1" are last year’s winners Timo Bernhard, Romain Dumas and Mike Rockenfeller. Car number "2" is driven by Marcel Fässler, André Lotterer and Benoît Tréluyer. In car number "3" Dindo Capello, Le Mans record winner Tom Kristensen and Allan McNish are taking turns at the wheel.
Audi has won the Le Mans 24 Hours nine times since 2000, and is clearly hoping to gather a large audience for what it hopes will be its tenth win.
Full details, along with the live feed, are available on Audi's dedicated microsite, which will go live at 3PM on Saturday.
Find a review
- Pioneer adds Apple CarPlay to five existing in-car multimedia systems
- Glow in the dark road concept hopes to improve driver safety
- Want to hack your car? The Tesla Model S has a secret Ethernet port
- Auto-braking cars should be subsidised by Government to save thousands of lives
- Dynaudio Excite sound system confirmed for 2014 VW Scirocco
- Apple CarPlay puts iOS on your dashboard
- Beyond iPhone 6 - Apple looking to electric cars with Tesla buy
- Take the Auto Express Driver Power survey
- Google putting Android in cars with Open Automotive Alliance
- CES 2014: In-depth, hands-on coverage from our team in Las Vegas