Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G2 16GB review
The Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G2 is a USB flash drive with built-in password protection and a smart metal shell.
When you plug it in to your PC for the first time, you're prompted to enter a password and your contact details. When you next plug it in to any PC, you're shown a window asking for a password to gain access to the drive. You can also view contact information without entering a password, so helpful souls who find your drive can get it back to you without seeing any other information stored on it.
The DataTraveler doesn’t support USB3, so we weren't expecting fast transfer speeds. 10.8MB/s writing large files and 15.4MB/s reading them is par for the course for normal USB, as is 1.76MB/s and 7MB/s for writing and reading small files.
This is a smart and well-made drive with easy-to-use encryption. It's about the same price as a 16GB USB3 drive from Corsair, which will be quicker, but if you're after easy encryption it's a good buy.
Find a review
- Apple iWatch price, specs, release date and rumours
- Samsung Android Wear smartwatch in the works, Gear wearables could soon work with all Android smartphones
- Google Glass Android KitKat update released, brings improved battery life
- Apple iWatch could cost just $250
- Google Glass to go on sale to the public for one day only - if you're in the US