Vauxhall van customers get DAB digital radio option
Posted on 24 Oct 2012 at 10:33, by Gareth Halfacree
Vauxhall has announced a DAB radio upgrade for its commercial vehicle customers, providing digital radio on all its van models.
Available across the company's entire commercial vehicle range - including the Astravan, Corsavan, New Combo, Vivaro and Movano - the upgrade provides a digital radio system fitted at a local Vauxhall retailer for £195 inclusive of VAT and fitting.
"It's great that Vauxhall van drivers will be able to tune into digital radio on the road, with an outstanding choice of stations compared with standard FM radio," Vauxhall's product development manager Simon Gibbs said of the announcement.
Designed specifically for Vauxhall's commercial van models, the integrated DAB radio system is designed to work with existing steering-wheel mounted controls and the display of the installed stereo system. Connected entirely within the existing wiring loom, Vauxhall claims installation is quick and leaves no unsightly wires or extra controls for drivers to worry about.
DAB radio is proving increasingly popular in vehicles, where its increased choice - including stations not available through traditional analogue radio - provide drivers with a wider selection of music and programming to choose from on long journeys. The technology is still rare in the commercial sector, however - with Vauxhall clearly hoping to change that.
The £195 DAB radio upgrade is available to purchase now from Vauxhall retailers, with a list of all compatible vehicles available from the Vauxhall website.
Find a review
- Subaru WRX 2014 unveiled, no word yet as to UK availability
- Lexus CT 200h 2014 officially unveiled
- Hyundai Genesis 2014 UK launch heavily hinted
- Honda FCEV 2015 concept hints at future fuel cell plans
- Ford Edge SUV concept shows off high-technology capabilities
- Volvo V60 Polestar confirmed for UK launch
- Toyota eBay store launched for spares, parts and accessories
- Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid gets official low-emission grant status
- Nissan Qashqai 2014 claimed as "world's most parkable car"
- Ford Mustang 2014 UK model to be unveiled in December