Google Android 4.2 December bug fixed, Windows Phone 8 update coming soon
Posted on 28 Nov 2012 at 09:55, by Gareth Halfacree
The Google Android 4.2 update for the Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus Smartphones, and Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 tablets, has been patched to restore the month of December to the People app. The flaw in Google's latest 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system saw Nexus 4 and 10 devices, purchased with Android 4.2 out-of-the-box, and older Nexus devices upgraded to Android 4.2 using an over-the-air update were unable to see the month of December in the People application, although it appeared in other applications including the integrated Calendar app.
Google was quick to admit the flaw, and has addressed the issue with an update that brings devices to Android 4.2.1. After installing the update, which is provided free of charge to all Android 4.2 users, the People app will once again be able to access the twelfth month of the year.
Sadly, Google is still silent on fixes for other reported issues, including a bug with the brightness control on Nexus 7 devices, random reboots and a claimed problem with a buzzing sound on Nexus 4 handsets that many users claim could be a design flaw.
Microsoft, meanwhile, is still working on its own patch to fix a random restart bug in its latest Windows Phone 8 operating system, promising to release an update before the end of the year which will make the devices more reliable. A firm timescale for the release has not yet been provided, however.
Find a review
- Apple iTunes Festival app arrives, but still no sign of iOS 7.1
- HTC Desire 310 - Another budget handset looking to dethrone the Moto G
- Apple iOS 7.1 release date expected "any day now"
- Google Nexus 5 battery drain camera bug fix in the works
- Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Galaxy S4 - specs comparison
- Samsung Galaxy S5 review – hands on
- Moto G Android 4.4 KiKat update causing issues for some users
- All new HTC One 2014 edition (M8) revealed in early video leak
- Samsung Galaxy S5 hit by rumoured fingerprint scanner yield problems
- HTC One Android 4.4 KitKat update pulled following problem reports