Google Android 4.2 December bug fixed, Windows Phone 8 update coming soon
Posted on 28 Nov 2012 at 09:55, by Gareth Halfacree
The Google Android 4.2 update for the Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus Smartphones, and Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 tablets, has been patched to restore the month of December to the People app. The flaw in Google's latest 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system saw Nexus 4 and 10 devices, purchased with Android 4.2 out-of-the-box, and older Nexus devices upgraded to Android 4.2 using an over-the-air update were unable to see the month of December in the People application, although it appeared in other applications including the integrated Calendar app.
Google was quick to admit the flaw, and has addressed the issue with an update that brings devices to Android 4.2.1. After installing the update, which is provided free of charge to all Android 4.2 users, the People app will once again be able to access the twelfth month of the year.
Sadly, Google is still silent on fixes for other reported issues, including a bug with the brightness control on Nexus 7 devices, random reboots and a claimed problem with a buzzing sound on Nexus 4 handsets that many users claim could be a design flaw.
Microsoft, meanwhile, is still working on its own patch to fix a random restart bug in its latest Windows Phone 8 operating system, promising to release an update before the end of the year which will make the devices more reliable. A firm timescale for the release has not yet been provided, however.
Find a review
- HTC First UK launch cancelled due to poor US sales
- Apple iPhone 5S, plastic iPhone could launch in multiple colours
- Apple extends Galaxy S4 infringement suit to include Google Now
- Galaxy S4 shipments break records, Samsung teases new colours
- HTC One Google Edition could be in the works after all
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active pictures revealed online
- Thinner, lighter iPad 5 now expected to launch in September
- White Nexus 4, Android 4.3 release date looks set for June
- Google I/O 2013: what got announced - and what didn't
- Samsung Galaxy Mega release date delayed until July