iPhone 5S to arrive this summer with low-cost iPhone 5
Posted on 17 Jan 2013 at 16:45, by David Ludlow
It's looking more and more likely that the iPhone 5S rumours are coming true and that the phone will be released this summer.
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who also claimed that the iPad 5 would be slimmer, has written a note to investors stating what he thought would be in the new iPhone 5S.
According to CNET, which received the note, Kuo predicts that the iPhone 5S will launch in June or July alongside an cheaper, revamped version of the iPhone 5.
Kuo expects that the iPhone 5S would be similar to the iPhone 5, but with an updated specification to include an Apple A7 processor, a fingerprint reader and a slightly-improved digital camera.
It's interesting to see that rumours of a low-cost iPhone 5 won't die, despite the plans being denied by Apple's Phil Schiller.
According to Kuo, the low-cost iPhone 5 would have a thicker plastic case and be available in choice of six colours. He expects it to sell unlocked for around $350-$450. It'll be interesting to see if this one comes true, as Apple has largely moved to premium materials and products in recent years, refusing to operate in the low-cost market.
Find a review
- Apple iTunes Festival app arrives, but still no sign of iOS 7.1
- HTC Desire 310 - Another budget handset looking to dethrone the Moto G
- Apple iOS 7.1 release date expected "any day now"
- Google Nexus 5 battery drain camera bug fix in the works
- Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Galaxy S4 - specs comparison
- iPhone 6 price, specs, release date rumours - two screen sizes and tough sapphire glass
- Samsung Galaxy S5 review – hands on
- Moto G Android 4.4 KiKat update causing issues for some users
- All new HTC One 2014 edition (M8) revealed in early video leak
- Samsung Galaxy S5 hit by rumoured fingerprint scanner yield problems