MWC 2013: In-depth, hands-on coverage from our team in Barcelona
Posted on 28 Feb 2013 at 12:40, by Tom Morgan
Welcome to our coverage of MWC 2013. Our team is on the ground in Barcelona to bring you all the news and hands-on previews from one of the most important events in the technology year - if you're shortly due a mobile phone upgrade, or are thinking of buying a tablet, this is the first place to look.
Our news hub will always contain the latest stories straight from the show floor, with new stories appearing at the top of the page as we get them.
WEDNESDAY 27th - DAY THREE, SHOW FLOOR
Is it a phone, is it a tablet, no it's the FonePad - Asus further blurs the lines between mobile devices. Read all about it in our Asus FonePad – review hands-on
And ZTE are in on the action too with the Grand Memo - read our ZTE Grand Memo review – hands-on
LG's monster phone-cum-tablet has a Full HD display - LG Optimus G Pro review – hands-on
And for more modest budget there's the new LG Optimus L7 2 - LG Optimus L7 2 review - hands-on
TUESDAY 26th - DAY TWO, SHOW FLOOR
We get to play with Sony's impressively-specified new tablet, read our Sony Xperia Tablet Z review - hands-on
AMD are getting into the tablet game, read our AMD Temash chips promise proper tablet gaming - hands-on
Plus, good news everyone, the Bargain Huawei Ascend W1 is coming to O2 prepay
MONDAY 25th - DAY ONE, PRESS CONFERENCES
ZTE gets into the tablet-cum-smartphone market with the new ZTE Grand Memo.
We get a play with Samsung's latest tablet, an iPad Mini rival, read our Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review - hands-on.
Nokia announces the Nokia Lumia 720, a mid-range smartphone with a rather-good-looking camera.
Asus launched the Padfone Infinity - the third iteration of its hybrid smartphone/tablet package, with Full HD screens on both.
To coincide with the Padfone Infinity announcement, Asus also confirmed that the Padfone 2 will soon finally be available to buy in the UK.
Lenovo revealed plans to attack the entry-level with three new Android tablets - the S6000, A3000 and A1000.
Find a review
- Amazon Coins virtual currency launches in the UK
- Amazon could be planning parcel pickups from London tube stations
- TalkTalk reboots Brownie Computer badge
- Review Roundup: Motorola Moto G, Panasonic GM1, Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 and more
- The Expert Reviews Awards 2013 - Winners revealed
- Download next-gen games in under an hour with 152Mbit/s Virgin Media cable
- Review Roundup: iPad Air, Nexus 5, Lenovo Yoga Tablet, Tesco Hudl and much more
- Review Roundup: Bargain HP Chromebook, new iMac and Surface Pro 2, Sky HD vs Virgin TiVo plus much more
- Not one UK city can boast ‘super-fast’ broadband says uSwitch
- Review Roundup: iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina Hands on, plus lots more